Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast

Thread: *Official* In Memoriam Thread

Gen. Colin Powell, former Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, died from covid at age 84. RIP.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Gen. Colin Powell, former Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, died from covid at age 84. RIP.
    While I certainly have some mixed feelings about Gen. Powell, to say the least, the statement put out by former guy about Powell's death was so stunningly petty and disrespectful it boggles the mind. I know people often throw around the phrase "a new low" when it comes to the psychotic shit the former guy pulls, but maybe it's not a new low - it's just the same low, always at the bottom, in the muck and mire. Embarrassing stuff, again, to be sure.
    One day, just like a miracle, windmill cancer will disappear.

Peter Scolari, an Emmy winning actor who starred on Newhart & Bosom Buddies, died at age 66 from cancer. RIP.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    While I certainly have some mixed feelings about Gen. Powell, to say the least, the statement put out by former guy about Powell's death was so stunningly petty and disrespectful it boggles the mind. I know people often throw around the phrase "a new low" when it comes to the psychotic shit the former guy pulls, but maybe it's not a new low - it's just the same low, always at the bottom, in the muck and mire. Embarrassing stuff, again, to be sure.
    and yet, his base loves him regardless. We live in strange times. Strange times indeed.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    and yet, his base loves him regardless. We live in strange times. Strange times indeed.
    Most peculiar, mama!
    One day, just like a miracle, windmill cancer will disappear.

James Michael Tyler, best known for playing Gunther on "Friends," died of cancer at age 59. RIP.

Jay Black, lead singer of Jay & the Americans, died at age 82. RIP.

Journeyman
    Pat Martino, long-time jazz guitarist, died on 11/1/21 at age 77. He received 2 grammy nominations, both amazingly after suffering amnesia and forgetting completely how to play the guitar and everything about his career. RIP..

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Terence Wilson, founding member of UB40, better known by his stage name Astro, died at age 64. RIP.

Ronnie Wilson (no relation to Terence), founding member of The Gap Band, died at age 73. RIP.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Longtime actor Dean Stockwell, best known as the star of NBC's "Quantum Leap," died at age 85. RIP.

Sen. Max Cleland of Georgia, a Vietnam vet who lost three limbs in a grenade attack only to later be assailed by Republicans as "unpatriotic" died at age 79. RIP.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Art LaFleur, the actor who played Chick Gandil in "Field of Dreams" and Babe Ruth in "The Sandlot" has died at the age of 78. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 11-22-2021 at 12:44 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein