*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Peggy Lipton, a Golden Globe award winning actress who starred in the hit TV shows "Mod Squad" and "Twin Peaks," has died from cancer at age 72. RIP.
    she was the mother of Rashida Jones as well
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Legendary comedic actor Tim Conway died at age 85. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Legendary comedic actor Tim Conway died at age 85. RIP.
        The dentist scene is one of my all time funniest things I have ever seen.

Thank you for all of the laughs Mr. Conway.

Comment

• "Winds of War' and "Caine Mutiny" author Herman Wouk died at age 103. RIP.

Comment

• Niki Lauda, the Formula One racing legend whose story was told in the absolutely awesome flick "Rush," died at age 70. RIP.

Comment

• Packer QB Bart Starr passed away at age 85.

Comment

• Auburn University football announcer Rod Bramblett, who narrated the team's stunning last-second win over Alabama known as the "Kick Six" died in a car crash Saturday night, the university said.
                Bramblett, 53, and his wife Paula Bramblett, 52, died shortly after a two-vehicle collision at 6 p.m. Saturday in Auburn, the Lee County Coroner said. Alcohol was not a factor in the crash, the coroner said.
                RIP.

Here's Bramblett's great call of that game winning TD in 2013:
                Last edited by madducks; 05-26-2019, 12:47 PM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bill Buckner, we hardly knew ye.

age 69
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Bill Buckner, we hardly knew ye.

age 69
                    yep - and Lewy Body Dementia sounds like a cruel way to die

Comment

• Singer Leon Redbone passed away at age 69. RIP.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• NOLA legend Dr. John passed away at age 77. RIP
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          NOLA legend Dr. John passed away at age 77. RIP
                          I saw him at a great all star show at Lincoln center a few summers ago. It was Larry Campbell and members of The Band and special guests playing songs from The Last Waltz. I remember that when Dr John was playing some of members - especially the horn section - just stopped playing to watch Dr. John captivate the audience with a groove - GREAT STUFF

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            I saw him at a great all star show at Lincoln center a few summers ago. It was Larry Campbell and members of The Band and special guests playing songs from The Last Waltz. I remember that when Dr John was playing some of members - especially the horn section - just stopped playing to watch Dr. John captivate the audience with a groove - GREAT STUFF

I am jealous. I would have loved to seen this one.

Sad to say goodbye to Dr. John.

Comment

• Gloria Vanderbilt died Monday morning, according to her son, CNN's Anderson Cooper. The fashion designer, artist and socialite was 95. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 07-13-2019, 11:21 AM.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Beth Chapman, better known as "Dog the Bounty Hunter's" wife and co-star, died from cancer at age 51. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X