No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edd Kookie Byrnes of 77 Sunset Strip and Grease passed yesterday. He was 86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Wow, I didn't know he was sick. 67 isn't that old. A drumming pioneer. I never got to see him play.
      I saw Rush 3 or 4 times in the 80's. Peart was a god ... Tragic news.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Rocky Johnson, WWF great and father of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, died at age 75.

Comment

• Terry Jones of Monty Python fame dead at 77
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Bernie Ebbers, disgraced CEO of WorldCom and one of the main players of the corporate fraud scandals of the early 2000s, died at age 78.
            A Manhattan federal judge let Ebbers out of prison early in December as his physical and mental health deteriorated.

Comment

• Actor Kirk Douglas, known for his movie roles in "Spartacus" and "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" has died at age 103. RIP.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Actor Kirk Douglas, known for his movie roles in "Spartacus" and "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" has died at age 103. RIP.
                Little known fact: Douglas was born 2 years after Spartacus died.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Little known fact: Douglas was born 2 years after Spartacus died.
                  nicely played

Comment

• Robert Conrad, the star of “Wild Wild West,” “Baa Baa Black Sheep” and of course, routinely a team captain on “Battle of the Network Stars,” died at age 84.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Robert Conrad, the star of “Wild Wild West,” “Baa Baa Black Sheep” and of course, routinely a team captain on “Battle of the Network Stars,” died at age 84.
                      He was one of the few actors to have been inducted into the Stuntmen's Hall of Fame.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Lyle Mays, long-time pianist and composer for Pat Metheny's group, died Feb. 10. He won 11 Grammy awards.

Comment

• Actress Ja'Net DuBois, who played gossipy neighbor Willona Woods on the hit 1970s sitcom "Good Times" died last Monday. DuBois also co-wrote and performed "The Jeffersons" theme song "Movin' On Up". She was 74 years old. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Author Clive Cussler, who wrote a series of novels with the Dirk Pitt character including "Sahara," and "Raise the Titanic," died at age 88.

Comment

• James Lipton, Scholarly Host Of ‘Inside The Actors Studio,' Dies At 93

Comment

• Jack Welch, legendary CEO of GE, died at age 84.

Comment

Working...
                                X