No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresno Bob pretends to be surprised when people like Luke Perry die, but if you look at his pre-rankings for the dead pool draft he'll have them listed anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      52? Wtf?
      His father died of a heart attack in his mid-30s. Unfortunately, the biggest risk factor for having a heart attack or stroke at a young age is having a parent who did.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Keith Flint, lead singer of The Prodigy, killed himself over the weekend. RIP twisted firestarter 🔥
        Loved "firestarter" in high school... also loved the song sampled within (Art of Noise... the video with the creepy little girl and the dudes with the skill saws destroying a piano... scared me as a kid)
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Legendary wrestler King Kong Bundy died at age 61. RIP.

Comment

• Lots of heart attacks in my family, grandpa has had many operations, grandma died at 55, my mom's first heart attack was in her late 30's...

My mom was put on permanent disability in her late 40's due to dealing with Lupus. After 10 years of being very drugged up and immobile, my mom cut her meds, took on an extremely healthy diet, lost probably 100 lbs, and is active walking, cycling daily, and gardening again. She made a plan to retire in a tiny home, and she wanted to be healthy enough to squeeze some extra years out of life. I'm incredibly proud of her.

All this is to say, lifestyle and diet are much more directly responsible for health, including heart health, than our genetics. Genetic predispositions to disease are real, but we can protect ourselves through our diet and lifestyle, especially against non-genetically influenced disease. Heart attacks, diabetes, gout, erectile dysfunction... all preventable, based on lifestyle. Just like the massive increase in women dying early from alcohol consumption, after all the TV shows have been normalizing women binge drinking wine after a hard day. Lifestyle, not genetics.

Just my take.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Legendary wrestler King Kong Bundy died at age 61. RIP.
              Damn, I grew up with Wrestlemania 2 on VHS... the Hulk Hogan steel cage final. 61 is a good long life for a wrestler, which is terribly sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                Fresno Bob pretends to be surprised when people like Luke Perry die, but if you look at his pre-rankings for the dead pool draft he'll have them listed anyways.
                my strategy became wrestlers, young addicts in rehab and anyone with pancreatic cancer
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  my strategy became wrestlers, young addicts in rehab and anyone with pancreatic cancer
                  You know, I'm just an old, out-of-touch Okie, but IMO those Dead Pool drafts were some of the most disgusting things ever done here in my beloved Sports Bar. ( I SAID in MY opinion.....your mileage may and probably does vary.)

Oh, and that's probably a good strategy, Fresno.
                  “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Actor Jan-Michael Vincent died of a heart attack at age 74.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Actor Jan-Michael Vincent died of a heart attack at age 74.
                      RIP Airwolf.

Also, it was cardiac arrest, not the same thing. I write about cardiology for a living so that's a pet peeve. Not that anyone else cares.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        RIP Airwolf.

Also, it was cardiac arrest, not the same thing. I write about cardiology for a living so that's a pet peeve. Not that anyone else cares.
                        Duly noted.

Carmine “The Snake” Persico, head of the Colombo crime family, died at age 85.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          At least your heart's in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            You know, I'm just an old, out-of-touch Okie, but IMO those Dead Pool drafts were some of the most disgusting things ever done here in my beloved Sports Bar. ( I SAID in MY opinion.....your mileage may and probably does vary.)
                            + ... I too found them a bit distasteful. But I don't think they were offensive.

I was thinking this morning, wouldn't it be great if we had a "Like" function.

Comment

• You mean something like this?
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                + ... I too found them a bit distasteful. But I don't think they were offensive.

I was thinking this morning, wouldn't it be great if we had a "Like" function.
                                I'm sure there is somewhere on the control panel, and I would like to add it. Johnny, I think I'm gonna make you a 'super' moderator. You're probably much better at the inner-working of vBulletin than I could be, even if you've never used it before as an admin.

Comment

Working...
                                X