*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    I'm sure there is somewhere on the control panel, and I would like to add it. Johnny, I think I'm gonna make you a 'super' moderator. You're probably much better at the inner-working of vBulletin than I could be, even if you've never used it before as an admin.
    It was actually a private joke ... but I can now edit Steve 2.0's posts to look more like Steve 1.0's posts. Steven 2.0 is long winded, and little bit too spicy. I prefer my Steve like roast beef and unseasoned boiled veg.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      It was actually a private joke ... but I can now edit Steve 2.0's posts to look more like Steve 1.0's posts. Steven 2.0 is long winded, and little bit too spicy. I prefer my Steve like roast beef and unseasoned boiled veg.
      Hmmmm......why would I want to downgrade? Steve 2.0 is much more "in your face" and likes to fuckin' swear more. A hell of a lot more. I mean damn.
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        You mean something like this?

Comment

• Legendary session drummer Hal Blaine died yesterday at 90.

He is the only person to have played with all three of Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and John Lennon.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Ranking Roger, lead singer of The English Beat and General Public, died of cancer aged 56. Friarfan is going to be so upset. RIP.

Comment

• Singer Scott Walker died at 76 and surf guitar pioneer Dick Dale died at 81. RIP.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Georgia Engel, who played Georgette Franklin (Ted's girlfriend) on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and Robert's mother-in-law on "Everybody Loves Raymond," has died. She was 70 years old.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Georgia Engel, who played Georgette Franklin (Ted's girlfriend) on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and Robert's mother-in-law on "Everybody Loves Raymond," has died. She was 70 years old.
                  Funny lady. Too young to say goodbye. Thank you for the laughs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Funny lady. Too young to say goodbye. Thank you for the laughs.
                    I wonder if the fact she didn't believe in going to doctors had anything to do with her death. (Not disagreeing with Gregg, just wondering.)

Comment

• Larry “Flash” Jenkins, an actor best known for his parts in Fletch and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, died at age 63. RIP Gummy.

Comment

• John Singleton, who directed "Boyz in the Hood" and "Shaft" among other films, died of a stroke at just age 51. RIP.

EDIT -- now reports are saying that he is on life support, but is still alive.

Comment

• Peter Mayhew, who most famously played Chewbacca in all but one of the Star Wars movies, died at age 74. RIP.

Comment

• Jim Fowler, who along with his friend Marlin Perkins co-hosted "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" died at age 89. RIP.

He and Perkins won four Emmys for "outstanding program achievement" in 1966, 1967, 1969 and 1970.

Besides his role on "Wild Kingdom," Fowler logged more than 100 appearances on "The Tonight Show," first with Johnny Carson and then Jay Leno. He also made appearances on "Late Night" with Conan O'Brien.

He was a standout athlete at Earlham College in Virginia. But the zoology major found more inspiration in the classroom and turned down offers to play pro baseball from the Philadelphia Phillies and New York Yankees.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Peggy Lipton, a Golden Globe award winning actress who starred in the hit TV shows "Mod Squad" and "Twin Peaks," has died from cancer at age 72. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Legendary singer and actress Doris Day died at age 97. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X