No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCoy Tyner, famous jazz pianist who played for years w John Coltrane, died on Mar 6. He was 81. He won 2 grammys.

Comment

• Max Von Sydow, actor in the "Exorcist' and "Game of Thrones," has died at the age of 90. RIP.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Max Von Sydow, actor in the "Exorcist' and "Game of Thrones," has died at the age of 90. RIP.
        and Ming the Merciless in "Flash Gordon". One of my favorites.
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Max Von Sydow, actor in the "Exorcist' and "Game of Thrones," has died at the age of 90. RIP.
          Not to mention "Strange Brew"
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Not to mention "Strange Brew"
            No way hoser!
            Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
            Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
              No way hoser!
              Hey, Vec! Long time no "see"!
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Country music star Kenny Rogers has died at age 81. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• He was a rock star before he switched over to country...weird ass music video, great song though.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    He was a rock star before he switched over to country...weird ass music video, great song though.

Pick #382 in the RJ 1000 classic rock draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      He was a rock star before he switched over to country...weird ass music video, great song though.

I didn't know Benny Hill played the drums for The First Edition!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Pick #382 in the RJ 1000 classic rock draft.
                        Its profile was certainly raised by appearing in The Big Lebowski.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Harlem Globetrotters basketball player Fred "Curly" Neal has passed away at 77 years old. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Country music star Joe Diffie (age 61) and CBS journalist Maria Mercader (age 54 ) have both died from the coronavirus. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Andrew Jack, the British actor who played Major (and then General) Ematt in "Star Wars: Episode VII -- The Force Awakens" and "Star Wars: Episode VIII -- The Last Jedi." , has died at age 76 from the coronavirus. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• New Orleans jazz legend and family patriarch Ellis Marsalis, father of Branford, Wynton, Delfeayo, Jason, and two non-musical sons, passed today at the age of 85 due to suspected Covid-19 (test is not back yet). He was my next-door neighbor before Katrina. RIP. Great musician, great person.

Comment

Working...
                                X