Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
    RIP Christopher Plummer

Underappreciated in my book. He's best known for the Sound of Music, but there is so much more to his acting!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ad-91-n1256883
    That sucks. I saw him in a one-man play on Broadway in the late 90s. He was still going strong too.

Comment

• The man was incredible - acted essentially all the way until his death, and at a really high level.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Former heavyweight champion Leon Spinks died at age 67. RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
          RIP Christopher Plummer

Underappreciated in my book. He's best known for the Sound of Music, but there is so much more to his acting!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ad-91-n1256883
          Plummer was born in Toronto & did lots of work up here - on stage & movies - and if you aren't familiar with the cheese that was 70's & early 80's Canadian tv & movies, well here's a snippet of Plummer as a bad guy in a fight on the CN Tower ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Singer Mary Wilson, one of the original members of "The Supremes" has died at the age of 76. RIP.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Larry Flynt, the controversial publisher of Hustler magazine, died at age 78. RIP.

Comment

• Surprised that noone posted this already. Chick Corea, famous jazz keyboardist and composer died on 2/9 of a rare form of cancer. He founded the legendary group "Return to Forever". He was known primarily for jazz fusion but he played mainstream jazz also and played w Miles Davis, Stan Getz among many others. He won 23 Grammys and was nominated 60 times. He was 79. RIP.

Comment

• Rush Limbaugh died at age 70. I will say no more.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Rush Limbaugh died at age 70. I will say no more.
                    You don't have to. Because these people did. Fucking brutal!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hate-spewing leftists were out in full force Tuesday after news broke of the death of iconic conservative legend Rush Limbaugh, with "tolerant" progressives seizing the moment to mock him, revel in his death.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Do you remember when ESPN thought it was a good idea to have Rush Limbaugh on their NFL shows? WTF were they thinking?

Comment

• Mark Morales aka Prince Markie Dee, one-third of the famous '80s hip hop group The Fat Boys, has died at age 52. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Reggae legend Bunny Wailer died at age 73. RIP.

Comment

• Tony Hendra, a British comedian and writer perhaps best known for playing the band manager in "This is Spinal Tap," died from ALS at age 79. RIP.

Mark Pavelich, a member of the 1980 Olympic gold medal winning USA hockey team, and who had a 12-year NHL career, died at age 63. RIP.

Comment

• Roger Mudd, a longtime correspondent and anchor on both the CBS and NBC Nightly News, died at age 93. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X