No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikhail Gorbachev, the Soviet premier who promoted peace and “perestroika” in the 1980s, died at age 91. RIP.

Comment

• Earnie Shavers, a heavyweight who is regarded as one of the hardest punchers in boxing history and who lost two title fights, one to Muhammad Ali and the other to Larry Holmes, died at age 78. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Earnie Shavers, a heavyweight who is regarded as one of the hardest punchers in boxing history and who lost two title fights, one to Muhammad Ali and the other to Larry Holmes, died at age 78. RIP.
        I saw the Shavers-Norton fight - he just destroyed Norton that night.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Billionaire Herb Kohler, heir to the plumbing fortune, died at age 83.

Comment

Billionaire Herb Kohler, heir to the plumbing fortune, died at age 83.
            Wisconsin was lucky to have him.

Comment

• Queen Elizabeth II died at age 96. RIP.

Comment

• Jazz musician and composer, Ramsey Lewis died on 9/12/22 at age 87. He won 3 Grammys in his career. I was fortunate enough to have seen him perform once. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Jazz musician and composer, Ramsey Lewis died on 9/12/22 at age 87. He won 3 Grammys in his career. I was fortunate enough to have seen him perform once. RIP.
                  That's so cool you were able to see him live. One of my wife's college roommates dad jammed with him in the Chicago area, so I heard stories about his piano brilliance.

Comment

• Jazz tenor saxophonist, Pharoah Sanders, died today. He was a "disciple" of John Coltrane, who he befriended and played with, and he had a long career of performing and recording. I also was fortunate to have seen him perform in concert. RIP.
                    Last edited by rhd; 09-29-2022, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• Rapper Coolio has died at age 59, of a heart attack. RIP.

Comment

Rapper Coolio has died at age 59, of a heart attack. RIP.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Loretta Lynn, the “Coal Miner’s Daughter” whose gutsy lyrics and twangy, down-home vocals made her a queen of country music for seven decades, has died at the age of 90. RIP.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Comedian Judy Tenuta died at age 72, RIP.

Comment

• Angela Lansbury of Murder, She Wrote fame, died on Tuesday. She was 96. RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X