*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    And now it's been found out that Watts was the anonymous purchaser of many of Edward VIIIs Savile Row suits.
    Charlie could easily afford to dress like a king. I think the value of those suits has multiplied now that Charlie has worn them as well.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Michael K. Williams, who played Omar on "The Wire" and Chalky White on "Boardwalk Empire," was found dead of a drug overdose at age 53. RIP.
      just listening to a repeat of his interview with Fresh Air. Really bummed about this one.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Norm Macdonald dies at age 61. Nine year battle with cancer.

He was hilarious!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          Former soccer player Jean- Pierre Adams dies following a 39 year coma from a knee operation. ��
          OMG. I was not familiar with him. Why was he kept alive for so long?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            OMG. I was not familiar with him. Why was he kept alive for so long?
            I'm not sure - I do remember the court case was ruled on while I was working in France in the '90s. My French colleagues were not happy about how light a sentence the medical staff received, though I don't remember the exact details.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Norm Macdonald dies at age 61. Nine year battle with cancer.

He was hilarious!
              Yeah, he was a one of a kind. This is the first I heard of his cancer. In a world where it is hard to keep things private, I am glad he was able to make that decision and it was not undermined. Cancer is a bitch and takes far too many too young.

Comment

• LMAO, this is one of the better jokes I've heard. RIP Norm

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Yeah, he was a one of a kind. This is the first I heard of his cancer. In a world where it is hard to keep things private, I am glad he was able to make that decision and it was not undermined. Cancer is a bitch and takes far too many too young.
                  Norm MacDonald on battles with cancer: “I’m pretty sure, I’m not a doctor, but I’m pretty sure if you die, the cancer dies at the same time. That’s not a loss. That’s a draw.”

Comment

• The fantasy football community lost one of its most popular analysts on Friday when FantasyPros' Mike Tagliere died after a lengthy battle with COVID-19 at the age of 39.

Comment

• Alan Kalter, the announcer on "Late Show With David Letterman," has died at age 78. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gen. Colin Powell, former Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, died from covid at age 84. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Gen. Colin Powell, former Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, died from covid at age 84. RIP.
                          While I certainly have some mixed feelings about Gen. Powell, to say the least, the statement put out by former guy about Powell's death was so stunningly petty and disrespectful it boggles the mind. I know people often throw around the phrase "a new low" when it comes to the psychotic shit the former guy pulls, but maybe it's not a new low - it's just the same low, always at the bottom, in the muck and mire. Embarrassing stuff, again, to be sure.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Peter Scolari, an Emmy winning actor who starred on Newhart & Bosom Buddies, died at age 66 from cancer. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              While I certainly have some mixed feelings about Gen. Powell, to say the least, the statement put out by former guy about Powell's death was so stunningly petty and disrespectful it boggles the mind. I know people often throw around the phrase "a new low" when it comes to the psychotic shit the former guy pulls, but maybe it's not a new low - it's just the same low, always at the bottom, in the muck and mire. Embarrassing stuff, again, to be sure.
                              and yet, his base loves him regardless. We live in strange times. Strange times indeed.
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                                and yet, his base loves him regardless. We live in strange times. Strange times indeed.
                                Most peculiar, mama!

Comment

Working...
                                X