No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat Loaf, the larger-than-life singer whose 1977 record "Bat out of Hell" is one of the best-selling albums of all time, has died at age 74. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Meat Loaf, the larger-than-life singer whose 1977 record "Bat out of Hell" is one of the best-selling albums of all time, has died at age 74. RIP.
      He was a big fantasy baseball player, too.

TMZ reports Covid was the cause of death, and he had also railed against vaccine mandates in the past, so it's possible he was unvaxxed. It would be unfortunate if that was the case.

Comment

• I saw a tweet today from Pauly Shore that comedian Louie Anderson is on his deathbed.

Comment

Meat Loaf, the larger-than-life singer whose 1977 record "Bat out of Hell" is one of the best-selling albums of all time, has died at age 74. RIP.
          Dang, just saw that it might be covid related too and he had been speaking out against vaccine mandates. Ugh.

Comment

• Louie Anderson has passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              He was a big fantasy baseball player, too.

TMZ reports Covid was the cause of death, and he had also railed against vaccine mandates in the past, so it's possible he was unvaxxed. It would be unfortunate if that was the case.
              I have loved the work of Meatloaf, but I honestly view anti-vax covid deaths as a fact of nature. Like lemmings, they have a design flaw.

Not sure what Meatloaf's stance was, but I'm done mourning covid debatelords.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                I have loved the work of Meatloaf, but I honestly view anti-vax covid deaths as a fact of nature. Like lemmings, they have a design flaw.

Not sure what Meatloaf's stance was, but I'm done mourning covid debatelords.
                Meatloaf was a trip. Remember when he sang with Mitt Romney? Never laughed so hard in my life.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Meatloaf was a trip. Remember when he sang with Mitt Romney? Never laughed so hard in my life.
                  Still, his role in Fight Club was an absolute all timer.

His name was Robert Paulson.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Louie Anderson has passed.

One of the funniest comedians I have ever heard. Thank you for the laughs Louie, you will be missed.

Comment

• Islanders legend Clark Gillies, a member of the dynasty from 1980-1983, passed away at age 67. RIP.

Comment

• I just learned that songwriter Marilyn Bergman passed away on 1/8/22. She, along w husband Alan, wrote melodies and lyrics for many tunes, often collaborating w other composers such as Michel Legrand and Marvin Hamlisch, including "The Windmills of Your Mind", "The Way We Were", "Nice and Easy", made popular by Frank Sinatra and "Yellow Bird". They also collaborated on scores for many movies. They were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1980. She was 93 y/o. RIP.

Comment

• Actor Howard Hesseman, best known as the hard rocking disc jockey Dr. Johnny Fever on the TV sitcom "WKRP in Cincinnati" has died at age 81. RIP.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Actor Howard Hesseman, best known as the hard rocking disc jockey Dr. Johnny Fever on the TV sitcom "WKRP in Cincinnati" has died at age 81. RIP.
                            Booger!

Comment

• So apparently, a 16-year-old Meat Loaf aka Marvin Lee Aday was also present at Parkland Memorial Hospital immediately after the assassination of JFK on November 22, 1963. He grew up in Dallas, Texas and claims that a Secret Service Officer commandeered his car that day and drove him and his two friends to the hospital. What an incredible story!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X