No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Dobson, an actor best known for long-running roles on both 'Kojak' & 'Knots Landing,' died at age 77.

Mike Sexton, a world-class poker player and longtime WPT commentator, died of cancer at age 72.

Comment

• Diana Rigg, best known as Emma Peel in 'The Avengers,' and for 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' and more recently 'Game of Thrones' died at age 82. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Mike Sexton, a world-class poker player and longtime WPT commentator, died of cancer at age 72.
        Just saw this. that's a bummer.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Toots Hibbert, lead singer of Toots & the Maytals, died at age 77. RIP.

Edna Wright, lead singer of The Honey Cone ("Want Ads"), died at age 76. RIP.

Comment

• Stanley Crouch, author and music critic (especially jazz), died at age 74.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Stanley Crouch, author and music critic (especially jazz), died at age 74.
              I have one of Stanley's old albums (not as a musician - kind of a storyteller/poet). RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Stanley Crouch, author and music critic (especially jazz), died at age 74.
                He was a longtime columnist for the NY Daily News.

Comment

• Winston Groom, an author who wrote “Forrest Gump,” died at age 77. RIP.

Comment

• Jimi Hendrix has been gone 50 years today. Some interesting tributes:

In awe of everything from his raunchiness to his skill with sheer volume, members of Pixies, Yes, Parliament-Funkadelic, Thin Lizzy and more celebrate the guitar god, who died 50 years ago today
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Lee Kerslake, former drummer for Ozzy Osbourne and Uriah Heep, has died at age 73. RIP.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Actor Michael Lonsdale, who played villain Hugo Drax in "Moonraker" and also appeared in The Day of the Jackal, Ronin & Munich amid a long film career, died at age 89. RIP.

Comment

• Joseph Laurinatis, AKA Road Warrior Animal, died at age 60. Both Road Warriors are now gone.

Comment

• Two early 1970s music icons who had very similar careers at the same time passed yesterday:

Helen Reddy, a feminist icon who had three #1 Billboard hits with "I am Woman," "Angie Baby" and "Delta Dawn" died at age 78. RIP.

Mac Davis, a C&W star and actor ("North Dallas Forty") who had a crossover #1 Billboard hit in 1972 with "Baby Don't Get Hooked on Me," and wrote hits for Elvis Presley ("A Little Less Conversation," "In the Ghetto," "Don't Cry Daddy") died at age 78. RIP.

Ironically, Davis wrote a song that Reddy recorded -- "I Believe in Music" - -and appeared a few times on his mid-1970s variety show "The Mac Davis Show."

Comment

• Davis's "Hard to Be Humble" was his funniest one

I guess you could say I'm a loner
                              A cowboy out lone, tough, and proud
                              I could have lots of friends if I wanted
                              But then I wouldn't stand out from the crowd
                              Some folks say that I'm egotistical
                              Hell I don't even know what that means
                              I guess it has something to do
                              With the way that I fill out my skin tight blue jeans

lol
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Tommy DeVito, a founding member of The Four Seasons, the band portrayed in the movie "Jersey Boys," died on September 21 of Covid-19 complications at age 92. RIP.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X