No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beau Biden, son of Joe Biden and former attorney general of Delaware, died of brain cancer at age 46. 54 points for me.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

tough crowd
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

RIP Christopher Lee, Ornette Coleman and Dusty Rhodes. Revo gets 31 points for Rhodes.

Comment

A lot of wrestlers were drafted but not Rowdy Roddy Piper. RIP.

Comment

Former Montreal mayor Jean Dore died in June of pancreatic cancer. 30 points for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              Former Montreal mayor Jean Dore died in June of pancreatic cancer. 30 points for me.
              If no one notices for three months, does it count?
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Points is points.

Comment

Points is points.
                  Come on dude, that's funny.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Come on dude, that's funny.
                    That drives to the essence of this. I'm sure he was a nice fellow and had a great life, but he was no celebrity (at least not in this country).

Comment

If you had a problem with the pick, you should have objected at the time it was made. Generally, if someone has their own Wikipedia page, that's enough for our purposes.

Comment

RIP Scott Weiland. No points for anyone.

Comment

RIP Scott Weiland. No points for anyone.
                          how did that happen!?!? the no points part that is ...

of course on a human level, it's sad that he couldn't get his life in order; when you think of people with personal demons he'd have been at or near the top of the list.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            how did that happen!?!? the no points part that is ...
                            Not a wrestler. You have a much greater chance of being taken in this thing if you're a wrestler.

Comment

Not a wrestler. You have a much greater chance of being taken in this thing if you're a wrestler.
                              I probably drafted him 3 different times back in the day
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Also not a World Leader That Sucks (TM)

Comment

Working...
                                X