No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis Eppolito, a disgraced former NYPD detective better known as one half of the "Mafia Cops" duo who participated in gangland hits and fed the mob information on informants, died in federal custody at age 71.

Comment

• Frank "Pep" Saul, Seton Hall's first 1,000 pt scorer, passed away on Thursday, November 7 at the age of 95. He went on to win 4 NBA championships ('51 Royals, '52-'55 Lakers) and shares a record with Steve Kerr as the only players to win consecutive championships with different teams.

My grandfather is survived by his wife of 72 years, 8 children, 17 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.

RIP
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
        Frank "Pep" Saul, Seton Hall's first 1,000 pt scorer, passed away on Thursday, November 7 at the age of 95. He went on to win 4 NBA championships ('51 Royals, '52-'55 Lakers) and shares a record with Steve Kerr as the only players to win consecutive championships with different teams.

My grandfather is survived by his wife of 72 years, 8 children, 17 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.

RIP
        Sorry for your loss.
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Marie Fredericksson, lead singer of Roxette, died of cancer at age 61.

Phillip McKeon, child actor who played the son on "Alice" and was the brother of "The Facts of Life" star Nancy McKeon died at age 55.

Rene Auberjonois, character actor known mainly for "Benson" and "Deep Space Nine", died at age 79.

Paul Volcker, former chairman of the Fed, died at age 92.

Comment

• Danny Aiello, actor in "Moonstruck," "Do the Right Thing," "Bang the Drum Slowly" among others, died at age 86.

Carroll Spinney, who portrayed Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on "Sesame Street" died at age 85.

Ron Leibman, actor in "Friends" and "Norma Rae", died at age 82.

Comment

• Lee Mendelson, executive producer of numerous specials for the TV animated series "Peanuts" and lyric writer of the "Charlie Brown Christmas Special" song "Christmas Time is Here." died at age 86 on Christmas Day. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 12-27-2019, 08:08 PM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Legendary shock jock Don Imus died at age 79.

Comment

• Former NBA commissioner David Stern has died at age 77. RIP.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jack Sheldon, jazz legend and 'Schoolhouse Rock!' singer, has died at the age of 88. RIP.

In the 1970s, Sheldon joined "The Merv Griffin Show" as music director and trumpeter, and ultimately appeared as Griffin's sidekick for 18 years.
                    In 1973, he lent his voice to the children's animated series "Schoolhouse Rock!" led by Bob Dorough. He sang tunes including the fun grammar lesson "Conjunction Junction" and "I'm Just a Bill."

"I'm just a bill. Yes I am only a bill. And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill," he sang, explaining how a bill becomes law in the three-minute short that was broadcast between cartoons.
                    "Schoolhouse Rock" songs premiered in 1973 and ran on ABC for 12 years. The show came back on air in the 1990s for five more years.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Jack Sheldon, jazz legend and 'Schoolhouse Rock!' singer, has died at the age of 88. RIP.
                      He was a versatile performer. He not only was an accomplished jazz musician, but also hosted a TV variety show and acted in at least one TV serial (the "Cara Williams Show" in which he played a jazz musician named Fletcher Kinkade).

Comment

• On Dec. 26th, actress Sue Lyon passed away. Two of her most notable roles were as the ingenue in "Lolita" w Robert Mason and as a seductive teenager in "Night of the Iguana" w Richard Burton.

Comment

• Neil Peart just died of brain cancer....damn that sucks.

For those who dont know he was the drummer for Rush...one of the best drummers who ever lived. I saw him a couple years ago at a live show - he was amazing.

Comment

• Buck Henry, legendary screenwriter ("The Graduate"), creator of "Get Smart" and SNL writer, died at age 88.

Pete Dye, legendary golf course architect, died at age 94.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Buck Henry, legendary screenwriter ("The Graduate"), creator of "Get Smart" and SNL writer, died at age 88.

Pete Dye, legendary golf course architect, dyed at age 94.
                              fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Neil Peart just died of brain cancer....damn that sucks.

For those who dont know he was the drummer for Rush...one of the best drummers who ever lived. I saw him a couple years ago at a live show - he was amazing.
                                Wow, I didn't know he was sick. 67 isn't that old. A drumming pioneer. I never got to see him play.

Comment

Working...
                                X