The Winner's Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner's Circle

If you won your league, check in and post your winning roster here!

I won two leagues -- my 12-tm keeper league and Hammer's 14-tm redraft league.

Keeper team:
    Mean Machine (11-5)
    QB - Drew Brees
    Superflex - Russell Wilson
    RB1 - Arian Foster
    RB2 - Jeremy Hill
    WR1 - Odell Beckham
    WR2 - Randall Cobb
    WR3 - T.Y. Hilton (used Steve Smith in the finale)
    Flex - Joique Bell
    TE - Delanie Walker
    D/ST - Dolphins
    Notable bench dudes - Smith, Andre Johnson, Jason Witten, Kendall Wright, Percy Harvin, Eric Decker, Rams

Redraft team:
    Shoot the Boot (11-5, but started off 0-4)
    Qb - Tony Romo
    RB - Jamaal Charles
    RB - Jonathan Stewart
    WR1 - Demaryius Thomas
    WR2 - AJ Green
    Flex - Kenny Stills
    TE - Greg Olsen
    D - Rams
    Notable bench dudes - Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Williams, Kyle Orton, Terrence West

So, How'd You Do?

In my home $$$ league, I took third. I had a pretty tough year and really had to scramble just to make the playoffs. Mainly, injuries killed me.

Here's my roster at the beginning of the year (start, 1QB, 1RB, 2 WR, 2 WR/RB, 1 TE)

QB - Newton, Roethlisburger
    RB - Vereen, Spiller, Pearce, Dunbar
    WR - Green (keeper), Jeffrey (keeper), Desean Jackson, Wallace, Hunter, Baldwin
    TE - Graham (keeper)
    K - Bailey
    DL - Greg Hardy, Cameron Jordan
    LB - Burfict, Laurinitis, Briggs
    DB - Reid, Mathieu

End of year roster:

QB - Newton, Romo
    RB - Vereen, Crowell, Stewart, West, Andre Williams
    WR - Jeffrey, Desean Jackson, Mike Evans, Beckham, Stills
    TE - Graham
    K - Dawson
    DL - Cameron Jordan
    LB - Laurinitis, Barr, Carter, Clowney, Lofton
    DB - Chancellor

As you can see, more than half of my roster turned over. And, of those guys, Barr and Clowney didn't even finish the year. We have a 10 move cap and I had to scramble and make some trades to gain some moves. Picking up Beckham allowed me to move AJ Green for some moves.

I lost in the semi finals by 3 points because Lofton and Jordan combined for 2 whole points. If I would have advanced to the finals I would have won.

Here's my season in a nutshell: Fred Jackson goes down with a groin injury. Yay! Spiller is the man. Next play he breaks off a 50+ yard run and promptly breaks his collarbone. The Bills don't place him on season-ending IR, so I am not able to use our one free IR move. So I have to spend one of my 10 picks on to replace him.

We can carry over 3 players in to next year and with our league being a little more receiver friendly, I'm leaning on Beckham, Evans and Jeffrey - and will try to trade Graham to move up in the draft.

Comment

Heh, we posted at the same time

Comment

Yahoo 10 team redraft so not a real league, but it feels good as I haven't won a league in years. I even forgot about the draft and yahoo drafted me a good team even though I started out 2-4. Then I went on a 7 game winning streak and lost to the #1 seed before the playoffs pushing me to the 3rd seed. I went into last night down 9 pts with AJ Green and CJ Anderson playing and the #1 seed had the Broncos DEF. It was close with me winning 103.88 to 102.18. I got ZEROS from AJ Green and Dwayne Allen and still won.

Piney Boy (9-5) started out 2-4

QB - Matt Ryan
        RB - CJ Anderson
        RB - Arian Foster
        WR - Odell Beckham Jr
        WR - AJ Green
        WR - Desean Jackson
        TE - Dwayne Allen
        K - Cody Parkey
        DEF - Patroits

Bench - DeAndre Hopkins
        Bench - Larry Donnell
        Bench - Justin Forsett
        Bench - Russell Wilson (yeah I benched him this week)
        Bench - Roddy White
        Bench - Eagles
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

12-team, 6-pt passing touchdowns, full PPR, extra deep rosters (start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, K, DST, 8 bench)

I usually take QBs late since everyone else goes early, just get a bunch and play matchups. I went very heavy RB in the draft and it burned me pretty good. I drafted Lacy, Bernard (ugh), LBell (woo), and Tate (ugh) in the first seven rounds. Got lucky getting Romo in the 6th and Hopkins in the 9th.

Guys in parens I used at least once but weren't regular starters or on the final roster.

QBs: Romo, Sanchez, EManning, (McCown, ADavis, Manuel)
          RBs: Lacy, Bernard, LBell, Tate, (McKinnon, RMathews)
          WRs: Cobb, Hopkins, SSmith, Jennings, Crabtree, (Quick, MBryant)
          TE: Graham
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Another Not Real 10-Team Yahoo League, but I'll take it.

QB: Stafford, Kaeperrnick
            RB: Murray, Ingram, Forsett, Jennings, Hillman
            WR: Green, Beckham, Wallace, Sanu, Wright
            TE: Witten
            K: Novak (this week...)
            D: Detroit

Started 11-1, but dropped my last two games. Held onto the #1 slot for the playoffs and held serve. Even his best lineup still wouldn't have beaten the lineup I started in the championship game, so a great finish.

Got a Week 17 championship still up. Haven't wanted to win a league so bad in years, I just want to shut some people up.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

4 leagues, 4 finals (2-1 in Super Bowls with a week 17 final on the horizon)

Won the RJ Pay 4 Play league for the second time in 3 years (really, my favorite league and most prestigious victories).

Won our University of Southern Maine Huskies hockey team league beating those young whippersnappers... no money (NCAA rules and all that) but bragging rights a plus for the remainder of the season.

Lost the Courthouse Lawyers league (by less than 10 pts) when Andrew Luck totally shit the bed against the Cowboys....

Hopefully Cutler has something to prove this week. Not sure Orton can repeat vs New England this week.

What sayeth the RJ community about this week's starting QB?
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I won the 14-team Sports Bar league, Liz Hurley, for the second year in a row. No prize money, unfortunately. The team was driven by Big Ben, Demaryius, Hilton and Foster.

QB1: Big Ben (10th rd pick). Started in a QBBC with Cutler, took over for good after the first 6-TD game.
                RB1: Foster (2nd rd pick)
                RB2: Started out as Gore (4th rd pick) then rotated between Mason and Stewart (both WW).
                WR1: Demaryius (1st rd pick)
                WR2: Hilton (5th rd pick)
                WR3: revolving cast after Garçon (3rd rd pick) busted; mostly Landry (WW) later in the season.
                TE: Walker (11th rd pick). Drafted as backup to Rudolph but was better.
                K: Revolving door early, Catanzaro (WW) late.
                D: drafted TB, dumped for DET early on.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Won the week 17 championship... real good payout but total crap shoot (dropped Gronk for Heath Miller because my opponent had Rapistberger starting). Won 89-83 but got lucky because his Le'Veon Bell got hurt...

4 leagues, 4 finals, 3 championships... my best year in FF ever...
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Just won my second league of the season, in a convincing win over my opponent. I went 12-2 in an 18 team league, averaged 13 more points a game than any other team, had the high score 5 times (including 3 straight weeks during NFL bye weeks), and top 3 in scoring 3 other times. My two losses were by 7.22 and .49 points. The latter, I went to bed thinking I won, and woke up to see Maclin had lost a point due to a scoring change.

Final Roster

QB:Brees, Hoyer, Lindley
                    RB: Ingram, Anderson, Miller, Hillman, Crowell, D.Martin, Robinson
                    WR: Maclin, Stills, Matthews, Holmes
                    TE: Donnell
                    K: Gostkowski
                    D: Cleveland, Jax

DT: J.Smith
                    DE: Jordan
                    LB: Cl.Matthews, Levy, Williamson, McClain, Da.Harris, Ryans
                    S: H.Smith, N.Allen, Ward
                    CB: Fuller

We started 11 Offense and 11 Defense players, along with a kicker and a defense.

My draft was Brees and a whole bunch of middling running backs and wide receivers, and saved money to get $2 defensive players in dollar days. RB I drafted were Martin, Miller, Ingram, McFadden, and Robinson. WR were Maclin, Cruz, Garcon, Stills, and T. Austin.

I really got burnt spending too much on D.Martin (believed the RJ hype on him, even though I knew better) and losing Cruz to injury. I had to deal Garcon/McFadden to get a serviceable TE (Donnell) on my team, but hit big with Matthews before the season and Hillman/Anderson during the season. Miller and Ingram having good seasons went a long way to the championship run.

It was a fun season, and I really wanted to win this league to stick it to those who were upset it was expanded to 18 teams and I shouldn't be in the league.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

17 week play, split winners prize between regular season and playoffs (you get to keep anyone on your roster who makes the playoffs and redraft in 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4 etc form) to fill rosters. I finished first in the regular season:
                      QB: Roethlisberger (Ryan)
                      RB: Bell, Lacy (key players owned include Latavius Murray, Hillman)
                      WR: Cobb, VJax (Keenan Allen, Landry)
                      TE: revolving door ending on Heath Miller (dropped J Reed in week 17 used Mychal Rivera a few times)
                      D: Streamers ending with SF
                      K: Gostkowski

I had a pretty active roster so lots of turnover (for example I dropped VJax in week 17 and started Landry) so my roster ended with Joseph Randle and devonta freeman as well.

Move of the year was hitting a desperate owner for this trade:
                      Cobb and VJax
                      For
                      Donald Brown, Wes Welker and Kendall Wright.
                      It was when brown was named starter after Mathews got hurt and Welker was coming back but it was a coup.

Comment

Working...
                      X