2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Yeah, I can see the Brewers dealing Hader if the Pads pony up the right package. But I’d be shocked if they deal Yelich, too, unless the return is outrageous.
    maybe they can get lewis brinson and jordan yamamoto for him.

Comment

• Padres BP starting to thin itself through injury. Castillo to undergo TJ surgery and Guerra looks like he might follow. Shut down due to UCL sprain, via con dios.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Padres BP starting to thin itself through injury. Castillo to undergo TJ surgery and Guerra looks like he might follow. Shut down due to UCL sprain, via con dios.
        Padres ever consider breaking in their starters through the bullpen? Thinking of this in the Gore context.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Padres ever consider breaking in their starters through the bullpen? Thinking of this in the Gore context.
          If you think Morejon will eventually start, that is what they did with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Anyone except Gore. they have made no mention nor shown any indication that they'd do that with Gore. which is unlike Morejon and Weathers.

BTW The Padre BP should be totally OK without Castillo or Guerra.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So it's looking more and more like Lamet will start the year on the IL or alternative site till he either builds his arm back up or get's shut down. he will most likely NOT break camp in the rotation. That means one of Weathers, Morejon and Gore will be the #5 out of the gate. The team is pushing Morejon, but he's not been very good this spring and though they look like they're doing well, both Gore and ryan are not stepping it up to take the spot. The team might actually keep 2 of them with Lamet starting on the shelf as they need at least one long arm in the BP.

In other new no one has grabbed the last bench spot yet either. o'Grady, mateo, Ona and campusano are all kind of falling around right now. If one doesn't step up, look for Preller to go outside the club for that spot.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Austin Nola fractured the middle finger on his left hand. Opening Day up in the air.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Campusano.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Campusano.
                    Is he ready?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Is he ready?
                      From everything I've seen and heard or read, hit bat is, but his catching still needs refinement.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

From everything I've seen and heard or read, hit bat is, but his catching still needs refinement.
                        Yeah, but that is the part that usually keeps catchers down. I like him long term a lot, but selfishly, I don't want him to lose minors elg this year.

Comment

• Helpful intel, Doig. Thanks for sharing.

I’m leaning toward extending Darvish in my NL only. As long as price makes sense, any reason not to give an extra year?

Comment

• If Nola isn't GTG for opening day it will definitely be Campusano, they brought him up last season to platoon with Nola and if they hadn't had to take Caratini he'd be the guy this year so the team thinks he's ready so....

Darvish? Absolutely, he's got a great defense beh9ind him in a pitchers park and a solid offense to get him runs and BP to close it out. I'm a bit biased, but I think he'll dominate again this season.

In other news, Morejon looks to have the #5 spot locked and now it's either Weathers or Gore for the swing position (Lamet looking like he'll start the season on the IL) Mateo seems to have pulled ahead in the last guy on the bench race plus he's out of options so....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• You can never have too much pitching.

The overcrowded SD BP is now thinning out, not because of performance, but injury--we already know Strahm, Castillo and Guerra were out due to injuries, now Pierce Johnson might be hurt as well.

From what I've heard (which I'm sure others have heard) is that there will definitely be at least 2-3 additions to the pen between now and ST. they feel Pomeranz or Pegan can close if needed, but they'd rather have those guys in the 7ths and 8th. Yates is my guess because he'll come at a lower price tag and hag good history with the club, but the question is his health. Rosenthal is probably out of the ranger of which they want to spend on RPs. With Castillo coming back the pen is thus:

Pomeranz
                              Pegan
                              Strahm
                              Stammen
                              Castillo
                              Johnson
                              Altavilla
                              Hill

Adams
                              Guerrera
                              Williams
                              Baez

whomever isn't in the rotation out of Morejon, Luchessi, Weathers, et al

so even If/when they sign Yates or whomever, this list is gonna change some.

Seriously don't count out a trade to send a couple elsewhere as Preller is loathe to let talent walk for nothing.

So..I'm hearing Adams is a lock now and having added Kela and Melancon If Johnson is out the BP looks thus:

Pomeranz
                              Pagan
                              Kela
                              Stammen
                              Melancon
                              Adams
                              Altavilla
                              Hill

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am heading rumor that CJ Abrams gets shifted to CF and plays as soon as this year. Anyone have a read on that? If so, I will pursue aggressively.
                                Last edited by Sharky; 03-17-2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X