No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns that Snell follows Archer in future arm issues (see 2019 after the big 2018), but still stings to see the guy traded. I am happy with the return if Patino pitches to his ceiling and Mejia can recover what he's lost riding the bench the past couple of years. The minor league haul seems to be a strong one, as if the Rays needed more prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Snell for the win.

BUT I am a betting man--Preller isn't done.

One more Arm into the rotation before the season starts (FA or Trade)
      Who would get bumped? They have 5 strong now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Who would get bumped? They have 5 strong now.
        They have Snell, Davies, Lamet (if he's healthy), Clevinger (2022),Paddack (if he can rebound), Gore (if he's ready) possibly Weathers, Morejon, Baez, Luchessi or Espinoza.

But that is too many ifs when the goal is to beat the Dodgers. I'm pretty sure Preller will add one more established arm for the upcoming season he still needs to fill out the bench and back end of the bull pen plus a dh if the nl adopts the position. So he's hardly done.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Can't say that I'm a big fan of this deal from the Rays perspective. I know that's always been their MO, but in this case, it really seems short sighted coming off a WS appearance. Snell was a legitimate Cy Young guy, still under team control...who steps in for him now? Losing Morton and Snell likely puts the Rays well back in the race for the East...I think Toronto vaults over them at this point.

Love the deal from the Pads perspective though...it fills the trough that was created when Clevenger went down, and give SD a legitimate #1 guy to re-build around. And like Doig said, I doubt that they're done yet.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Padres supposedly closing in on Darvish too. A top 3 next year of Snell, Darvish and Lamet is very strong and, assuming all healthy, a ridiculous 2022 with Clevinger back in the mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Padres supposedly closing in on Darvish too. A top 3 next year of Snell, Darvish and Lamet is very strong and, assuming all healthy, a ridiculous 2022 with Clevinger back in the mix.
              As a Cubs fan I was hoping the trade for Snell would prevent the Darvish trade.

Comment

• The Padres have reached a deal with South Korean infielder Ha-seong Kim, per a report from The Athletic’s Dennis Lin. MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reports that the contract is for “at least four years”

Jon Heyman
                @JonHeyman
                Ha-Seong Kim has deal with Padres. At least 4 years. Kim hit 30 HR for Kiwoom last year playing SS and 3B. Obvs the a Padres are good at those spots but they will make it work. @dennistlin 1st
                2:19 PM · Dec 28, 2020
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I love Preller. He and ownership see a cautious market and they take advantage by going all in aggressively. Makes me root for the Padres.

Comment

• Seems like a pretty fair trade to me. Rays may have concerns about Snell or just trying to sell before anything happens. I could see either team winning this trade long term.

Comment

• Have I mentioned that I love this Preller guy?
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Have I mentioned that I love this Preller guy?
                        He's pretty incredible. He's seeing a window and trying to pry it as wide open as he can. Depending on how open your owners checkbook is, you still have the pieces, IMO to deal for Darvish. But he is a pricier addition.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          He's pretty incredible. He's seeing a window and trying to pry it as wide open as he can. Depending on how open your owners checkbook is, you still have the pieces, IMO to deal for Darvish. But he is a pricier addition.
                          Deal for Darvish is done--Darvish and his catcher Caratini for Campusano and 3 others--no word yet on who, but it should be announced pending physicals soon.

Snell, Darvish and Kim in 24 hours--Love this guy.

2022 rotation: Snell, Darvish, Clevinger, Lamet, Gore

SD Padres WS Champs 2022!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Deal for Darvish is done--Darvish and his catcher Caratini for Campusano and 3 others--no word yet on who, but it should be announced pending physicals soon.
                            Local rumors have Cronenworth included, too. Makes sense - then Kim will play 2B for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Local rumors have Cronenworth included, too. Makes sense - then Kim will play 2B for them.
                              He was one I was sure would go in some deal. Played his heart out, but faded down the stretch. With Kim at 2nd, look for Profar to be resigned he can play the If/OF super sub role.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Kudos to Preller, for sure, but also credit your ownership. That's a serious commitment your team has taken on - I'm not sure what Kim's contract is for, but those three will be somewhere in the $40 mil/year area. Even without Clevinger, that's enough talent to compete for the WS this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X