2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Kudos to Preller, for sure, but also credit your ownership. That's a serious commitment your team has taken on - I'm not sure what Kim's contract is for, but those three will be somewhere in the $40 mil/year area. Even without Clevinger, that's enough talent to compete for the WS this year.
    They have a window, they have to go for it. Is it me or does Preller manage the Padres like some of us manage our roto teams?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MLBGIFs/status/1...345411073?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        They have a window, they have to go for it. Is it me or does Preller manage the Padres like some of us manage our roto teams?
        I wish I were that good.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Supposedly Darvish and Caratini for Zach Davies, Reginald Preciado, Owen Caissie, Ismael Mena, and Yeison Santana.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            Supposedly Darvish and Caratini for Zach Davies, Reginald Preciado, Owen Caissie, Ismael Mena, and Yeison Santana.
            They didn't have to give up even ONE top 100 prospect. Cubs fans should be irate...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              They didn't have to give up even ONE top 100 prospect. Cubs fans should be irate...
              I'm pretty shocked.

Davies has one year remaining, they didn't even get Campusano or Cronenworth.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Most of what they got is very far away from contributing so they have to be going full rebuild...no reason to keep anybody. They might as well trade anything anybody wants and shoot for 2025 or later.

Comment

• Cubs are a joke.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The Zach Davies part seems like a very weak return, but I guess he has a chance to become decent trade bait himself by mid-season, although I have little faith in his 2020 being a true representation of his talent. Tougher pill to swallow seeing no elite prospects, but I honestly think the Pads 2nd tier prospects have just been as good as other teams top prospects. All 4 of Mena, Preciado, and Caissie all have strong prospect backgrounds and I've heard Yeison Santana has defensive chops and bat to start at SS and as the oldest of the quartet, the likelist to graduate first. At least being 17/18, the 3 younger guys have higher ceilings to be unlocked.

Also seems like the extra salary paid to Darvish (as opposed to Snell) affected the return. I would have preferred a higher end centerpiece, but the 4 in question seem solid, and who knows what the Davies trade return ends up being. Could be a lot worse.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm pretty shocked.

Davies has one year remaining, they didn't even get Campusano or Cronenworth.
                      I saw that and figured the source had to be the sporting version of The Onion.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Ugh, salary dump. Just a terrible trade for the Cubs unless you're a Rickett. Sad, sad day to be a Cubs fan.

Comment

• Cubs fans need to follow the Mets fans pattern - depressed attendance for decades because of dissatisfaction with ownership.

they sat on a ton of money, and Mets fans kept their in their pocket.

I love Wrigley Field - first visited there in 1986 and have been back for more than a dozen weekends since.

you don't have to stop going, but don't give ownership 100 pct dollars anymore.

the Mets have rarely drawn 2.5M since 2006-2009, when strong teams and the end of Shea and birth of Citi Field led to an average of about 3.7M fans per year.

hit 'em in the pocketbook - hey, the Wilpons sold the team this year, how about that!
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

This one is!

This now looks like a salary dump and I am several ticks above irate.

Comment

He was one I was sure would go in some deal. Played his heart out, but faded down the stretch. With Kim at 2nd, look for Profar to be resigned he can play the If/OF super sub role.
                              I think Cronenworth is the new Profar now that Jake isn't part of the deal. Let him stay & play the swiss army knife role on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                I think Cronenworth is the new Profar now that Jake isn't part of the deal. Let him stay & play the swiss army knife role on the roster.
                                Agreed

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X