Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1356

Thread: 2K21 - San Diego Padres

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I saw the same info Bene did, and if the Pads can get that ink on paper, it'd be a huge win. It's like having Mike Trout at SS for the next 11 years at under $30 mil/year.
    I saw it too. Then this morning Rotorworld reported that they haven't talked yet but will be in February.

Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I saw the same info Bene did, and if the Pads can get that ink on paper, it'd be a huge win. It's like having Mike Trout at SS for the next 11 years at under $30 mil/year.
    I believe that report came out of the DR or wherever the Estrellas play
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hall of Famer
    Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Padres and Fernando Tatis Jr. haven't begun discussions on a contract extension.
    This conflicts reports that the Padres were closing in on an 11-year, $320 million contract from the weekend. Nightengale does report that the two sides appear more than willing to discuss a deal, and that those talks should start in February and before spring training. One of the bright stars in the game, Tatis Jr. has said he wants to be a member of the Padres for the remainder of his career, and it still sounds like the two sides should be able to get something done before the 2021 season.

SOURCE: USA Today
    Jan 11, 2021, 10:09 AM ET

Hall of Famer
    Tanaka?!

Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Tanaka?!

Maybe...
    I'd take him in SD on a 2 year contract--He'd be a perfect #4-5.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    That is the rumor. Exciting times to be a SD fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    That is the rumor. Exciting times to be a SD fan!
    Makes this lockdown that much more bearable.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I guess. A rotation of Darvish/Snell/Lamet/Paddack/Tanaka would be beastly. Morejon can go to AAA as a SP and be first on the plane if someone goes down. Clevinger back next year. Wowza.

It's different than I thought - I really thought if Kluber looked at all good that they'd give him a 1-year deal to bridge to Clevinger.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

I don't know if locking up Tanaka for more than a year makes sense with clevinger back next year and Gore maybe ready this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I don't know if locking up Tanaka for more than a year makes sense with clevinger back next year and Gore maybe ready this year.
    Lamet's arm may be an issue and Paddack needs to show he's not Mat Latos part 2.

Martin Luther King, Jr.