2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Didn't Preller personally sign Perez when he was with the Rangers?
    Yes he did
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      To me, it depends on the format of the league. My points dynast league give much more weight to pitching, so Paddack would be the choice. He might be the choice anyway, I don't kill a young guy for a down year.
      It's a sim league, so it's managing a full roster that plays a full schedule. Pitching is indeed important but there's no added weight based on points/categories.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I'd keep Dylan Carlson - he has the hit tool to be really, really good and possibly even great. Paddack, IMO, wasn't as good as his numbers said in 2019, though not as bad as 2020. I think he'll normalize out at the high 3's/low 4's ERA, good WHIP, 1k/IP type, which is good but not as good as Carlson can deliver for you on the hitting side.

BTW - That's an incredible keeper list for a 20-team league!
        Thanks...yea I just traded Realmuto and Eflin to heyelander to land Turner. It's only becoming a 20-team league this year via expansion of four new teams. Normally we'd have 14 keepers but for the expansion draft we're only allowed to protect 10. After a player gets taken, we can pull one more back. ironfist runs the league like a champ, and fresno bob is also a member.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• What the heck are the Padres going to do about a closer? Bring back Yates? Let Pomeranz do it? Bring back Rosenthal?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            What the heck are the Padres going to do about a closer? Bring back Yates? Let Pomeranz do it? Bring back Rosenthal?
            From what I've heard (which I'm sure others have heard) is that there will definitely be at least 2-3 additions to the pen between now and ST. they feel Pomeranz or Pegan can close if needed, but they'd rather have those guys in the 7ths and 8th. Yates is my guess because he'll come at a lower price tag and hag good history with the club, but the question is his health. Rosenthal is probably out of the ranger of which they want to spend on RPs. With Castillo coming back the pen is thus:

Pomeranz
            Pegan
            Strahm
            Stammen
            Castillo
            Johnson
            Altavilla
            Hill

Adams
            Guerrera
            Williams
            Baez

whomever isn't in the rotation out of Morejon, Luchessi, Weathers, et al

so even If/when they sign Yates or whomever, this list is gonna change some.

Seriously don't count out a trade to send a couple elsewhere as Preller is loathe to let talent walk for nothing.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padre Update.

So Lamet began his throwing program Dec 1st, says he feels great Rothchild says he looks good BUT what I took from his interview was--he's NOT being counted on the start the season in the rotation as they're planning to go slow in ST, build arm strength and give him a couple of starts to see if he's REALLY right. Thus the need for another starter--mentioned Kluber and Tanaka. Paddack, on the other hand IS being counted on the start the season in the rotation. Said last season wasn't what he can do and thinks this year will be more like his rookie year if not better. Morejon is the only other arm that seems to have a shot at the rotation out of ST. They'll stretch him in ST but they absolutely see him as a starter and that he's wasted in the pen. Gore and Weathers are ticketed to start in the minors unless they wow in ST and even then--they'd rather see that extra development in AAAAA as they missed that chance last year. Not a peep about Luchessi. SO from what Larry said--the rotation would be Yu, Snell, Paddack, FA and either Lamet (if he is right) or Morejon. The first 3-4 seem set while the 5th is Lamet if healthy and probably Morejon if Lamet is not. Of course that could all change--but he spoke for quite a while and this is my take on it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• And so it's Musgrove

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  And so it's Musgrove
                  Nice last SP piece for the Pads. But the deal highlights how much Preller simply robbed the Cubs. The Pirates landed the Pads #7 prospect in Hudson Head, the Mets #14 prospect in Endy Rodriguez, and two upside lottery tickets. And that for a 3/4 SP with upside to a #2. The Cubs couldn't even land a top 100 prospect for a SP2 with upside to a SP1. Yeesh.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Musgrove has the same contract as Darvish?
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Musgrove has the same contract as Darvish?
                      No, but as if that level of money should matter to the Cubs. It clearly did, which is why they received pathetic value back.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Nice last SP piece for the Pads. But the deal highlights how much Preller simply robbed the Cubs. The Pirates landed the Pads #7 prospect in Hudson Head, the Mets #14 prospect in Endy Rodriguez, and two upside lottery tickets. And that for a 3/4 SP with upside to a #2. The Cubs couldn't even land a top 100 prospect for a SP2 with upside to a SP1. Yeesh.
                        Inexcusable (for the Cubs obviously).
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Inexcusable (for the Cubs obviously).
                          Yep...

Comment

• Profar at 21 million for 3 years.

To wit.

The Padres are not expecting any player to be able to go a full 162 season at any position. Profar is a Preller Fav and took steps to realizing the potential which made him a top 5 prospect in the past. They're not 100 in on Cronenworth repeating as his late season fade brings some concern. They covet to flexibility the Dodgers have shown is effective.

So, now they Have Profar, Grady and Kim/Cronenworth to play 2nd and sub all over the field. If the NL adopts the FT DH, one goes there unless the Pads sign a guy specifically for that (hearing whispers of Nelson Cruz)

the Rotation could be 6 guys (add Morejon or Weathers) as again, they feel they will not have any arm pitch the regular 200 innings this season.

Pads still intend to add a BP arm, but it's starting to look like it will be a set up type arm and either Pomeranz or Pegan who starts the season as closer.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I wish I were that good.
                              Same here!
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Every time I see a new post here, my first thought is who did they sign now.

Comment

Working...
                                X