2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    He's a very lucky guy. That said, someone who made $3 mil this year and probably $8-11 mil next year needs to be smart enough not to get into fights in strip club parking lots.
    He can afford to hire his own strippers to come to his house.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Padres catcher prospect Luis Campusano was arrested Saturday in Georgia and charged with felony marijuana possession.

Campusano was allegedly found with 79 grams of marijuana in his car when he was pulled over early Saturday morning in Grovetown, Georgia, near his hometown of Augusta. He was released on $5,000 bond. According to Georgia law, possession of more than one ounce (28.35 grams) of marijuana is a felony and punishable up to 10 years in prison. (Source: San Diego Union-Tribune)
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Padres catcher prospect Luis Campusano was arrested Saturday in Georgia and charged with felony marijuana possession.

Campusano was allegedly found with 79 grams of marijuana in his car when he was pulled over early Saturday morning in Grovetown, Georgia, near his hometown of Augusta. He was released on $5,000 bond. According to Georgia law, possession of more than one ounce (28.35 grams) of marijuana is a felony and punishable up to 10 years in prison. (Source: San Diego Union-Tribune)
        10 years in prison for pot possession. This is a broken punitive system in a crumbling democracy. What a joke of a country.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• 79 grams is less than 3 oz, which is what I buy for myself every 4-6 weeks. Its not dealer weight. Street value likely around $600 total. 10 years for that!
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            79 grams is less than 3 oz, which is what I buy for myself every 4-6 weeks. Its not dealer weight. Street value likely around $600 total. 10 years for that!
            Georgia.

In California it's a small fine
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padres buy out Clevinger's final 2 years of Arbitration and announce he will have Tommy John surgery and miss all of 2021---So very Padres.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Yonder Alonso has announced his retirement from baseball.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Yonder Alonso has announced his retirement from baseball.
                  and there was great rejoicing

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Why didn't Gore get the call in 2020? Was it he simply wasn't ready?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                      Why didn't Gore get the call in 2020? Was it he simply wasn't ready?
                      Reports out of the alternative site were that he was struggling with control of his secondary pitches. Both patino and weathers were called up and the Padres have shown that they don't care about saving a year of service so I would believe it was what they claimed.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• According to MLB.com's Jon Morosi, the Padres "are one possible suitor" for Cubs starter Yu Darvish.
                        Jon Heyman of MLB Network reported Monday that Darvish "seems" to be available in trade talks this winter as the Cubs look to cut costs and enter into what could be a sort of rolling rebuild. Morosi notes that the Padres have "high-end prospect depth from which to trade" and that current general manager A.J. Preller knows Darvish well from their time together with the Rangers. The 34-year-old right-hander had a tremendous second half in 2019 and then finished second for the NL Cy Young Award in 2020 with a 2.01 ERA, 0.96 WHIP, and 93/14 K/BB ratio in 12 starts covering 76 innings. He's currently under contract with Chicago through 2023.

The Cubs better get a bunch if they are going this route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          According to MLB.com's Jon Morosi, the Padres "are one possible suitor" for Cubs starter Yu Darvish.
                          Jon Heyman of MLB Network reported Monday that Darvish "seems" to be available in trade talks this winter as the Cubs look to cut costs and enter into what could be a sort of rolling rebuild. Morosi notes that the Padres have "high-end prospect depth from which to trade" and that current general manager A.J. Preller knows Darvish well from their time together with the Rangers. The 34-year-old right-hander had a tremendous second half in 2019 and then finished second for the NL Cy Young Award in 2020 with a 2.01 ERA, 0.96 WHIP, and 93/14 K/BB ratio in 12 starts covering 76 innings. He's currently under contract with Chicago through 2023.

The Cubs better get a bunch if they are going this route.
                          Darvish, Snell, Grey, Arihara, Odorizzi, Bauer, Sugano...........Preller is in on everyone--who it will be is always the fun part.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Snell for the win.

BUT I am a betting man--Preller isn't done.

One more Arm into the rotation before the season starts (FA or Trade)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Snell for the win.

BUT I am a betting man--Preller isn't done.

One more Arm into the rotation before the season starts (FA or Trade)
                              The Pirates are reportedly "listening" to offers on Jameson Taillon who is coming off of TJ surgery and is under team control through 2023. He is supposed to be ready to go in spring training. But, i'm sure he will have the usual pitch count restrictions his first year back.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Snell, Paddack, Lamet, and Clevinger in '22....that's some rotation!

Comment

Working...
                                X