No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morejon leaving after 3 batters in the 1st, looks like his Left (pitching) elbow. More as I hear it.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Morejon--Elbow/forearm strain...will have it looked at tomorrow, never a good sign. Lamet scheduled to return next week could replace him if it's serious.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Morejon kept for 5-S2 as a farmhand in my league 8 days ago. at the auction I explain that he's on the DL, sore arm.
        am told no - you are thinking of someone else.

today, I feel like Nostradamus!
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Boy things are looking bleak to me when it comes to Paddack. I had him in two keeper leagues (on NL only and one dynasty), and I have already traded him in the NL league (decent return of a $1 Tapia and Devin Williams...also I am very strong in pitching in that league). I cant jump off this ship fast enough while there is still some name value left.
          He had a bad inning. Looking for the silver lining, after the bad second inning he shut down the Rangers over the next two innings so in my mind that shows some resiliency and growth he didn’t demonstrate last year. His pitch count was at 71 and Jayce Tingler said if they had the lead he would have gone out for the fifth.

Comment

• Paddack was jettisoned at 15 when freeze lists were due but went for 20 in the auction - all it takes is 2 believers, as we all know
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Morejon to the IL Crismatt recalled. Rotation to remain the same, No info on Lamet other than they want him to make one more Alt site start prior to rejoining the team. I wouldn't count on him returning this week as I might have mentioned previously. Weathers would be my guess to start Friday vs LA.

More as I get it

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• What happened to Blake Snell. Left to walk the dog in the first and when I got back in the second he was gone. Hope not an injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                  What happened to Blake Snell. Left to walk the dog in the first and when I got back in the second he was gone. Hope not an injury.
                  Nope just shitty start. Though Myers just tweaked something.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Pirates walked 13 guys and still managed to beat the Padres 8-4

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Pirates walked 13 guys and still managed to beat the Padres 8-4
                      My pitcher got 7 of them...woo hoo.

Comment

As long as the opposing team's pitcher(s) cooperate, that strategy can work.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And hit three batters.

Left the bases loaded 4 times.

Hit into 3 double plays.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Tatis to be activated tomorrow, Marcano most likely to be optioned. Altavilla, Adams and Johnson re-joined the pen this week with Morejon and Williams hitting the IL and Crismatt being optioned.

It looks like Weathers is going to start tomorrow for the Padres, then Darvish and Snell. There's been NO news regarding Morejon's MRI which makes me feel like it pretty bad. On the bright side Lamet threw 75 pitches today at the Alt site and will be in SD for the Dodger series, if he feels good tomorrow, he's scheduled to be activated for the brewers series next week not sure who would be sent down at that time.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• For a win-first team not afraid to promote guys, is that some sort of indictment on Gore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                For a win-first team not afraid to promote guys, is that some sort of indictment on Gore?
                                The fact they didn't promote him last season, especially after losing Lamet and Clevinger, that he wasn't kept over Weathers and Morejon out of Spring Training and their official position of he still has some things to work out. I wouldn't call it an indictment, but he's clearly not ready in the teams eyes. Everything I've heard is--his stuff is fine, he's working on Control ATM. We still could see him down the road if he's needed, but right now. he is not.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X