2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Clevenger exits after a 1-2-3- inning with 2 Ks. Apparently his bicep still bothers him. No info on his availability to start in the Playoffs.
    Ow. I think you'll need him for the battle against the West Coast Evil Empire.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Clevenger exits after a 1-2-3- inning with 2 Ks. Apparently his bicep still bothers him. No info on his availability to start in the Playoffs.
      Padres general manager A.J. Preller announced that right-hander Mike Clevinger has been diagnosed with a right elbow posterior impingement.

Clevinger received a cortisone injection on Friday and said that he felt good afterwards.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And now Dinelson Lamet is removed from Friday's start in the fourth inning with an apparent injury.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And paddack was a disaster. Looks like the Padres might be one and done this post season
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Clevinger to Start game 1 of the NLDS. Weathers and Greg Allen added to the roster, Mateo, Garcia and Altavilla left off--No Lamet until the NLCS if it's a thing.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Clevinger to Start game 1 of the NLDS. Weathers and Greg Allen added to the roster, Mateo, Garcia and Altavilla left off--No Lamet until the NLCS if it's a thing.
              Defeat the Evil Empire of the West! Go Pads!

Comment

• We exorcised one demon in St Louis, Hopefully Clevinger is at full strength. he pitched well down the stretch and gives us a chance vs LA. They also hit Buhler pretty well last time and we all know about the Grisham HR vs Kershaw--They should make a game of it and with a break here or there...who knows! It's is 2020 after all.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Phew...that wasn't good. Clevinger off that soon with more elbow issues is pretty scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Phew...that wasn't good. Clevinger off that soon with more elbow issues is pretty scary.
                    Yep, but as I have been saying the entire time--If the Padres want to be considered to be one of the best teams in baseball, their success cannot depend on one or two guys. Clevinger is most likely done for 2020--I'd rather sink or swim with the rest than risk his elbow blowing out--he's under control for 2 more years., years the padres should get even better and go deeper into the post season. The Beat the Cards without him, they can do the same to LA. Davies on the mound tonight. Grisham vs Kershaw

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yep, but as I have been saying the entire time--If the Padres want to be considered to be one of the best teams in baseball, their success cannot depend on one or two guys.
                      In concept, I agree with you. OTOH, when I look at premium teams versus also rans, having a stud #1 SP sure seems to often be a defining difference. But I definitely agree it's time to pull the plug on Clevinger for this year. It's time for management to be smarter than the player, no matter how badly Clevinger wants to go.

Go Grisham!

Comment

In concept, I agree with you. OTOH, when I look at premium teams versus also rans, having a stud #1 SP sure seems to often be a defining difference. But I definitely agree it's time to pull the plug on Clevinger for this year. It's time for management to be smarter than the player, no matter how badly Clevinger wants to go.

Go Grisham!
                        Agreed and IF Clevinger and Lamet hadn't gone down, the Padres would be right there in that regard.

Weathers looked decent, Gore is still out there, Patino has the stuff and if they can straighten Paddack out--I like the Padres pitching 2021 and near future.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padres, down 6-3 in 9th, score twice and loaded bases before losing.

but they coaxed 30 pitches out of Jansen and I think 19 out of Kelly.

in an "everyday" series, that stuff can really matter for the next night.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Pretty intense and fun game. LA might be too tough to overcome, but I like the way the Padres fight to the end.

BP day starting with Morejon. He can go up to 3 IP, but they usually pull him at 40 pitches. Last scheduled and scripted BP game turned out pretty well for the Pads, but shit--they're gonna need 3 of em to advance. Can't say I like their chances, but I do remain hopeful.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Hope they do well. I'll admit I LOL'd pretty hard at Machado; does a Bautista-quality bat flip, but then gets all pissy when Graterol shows them up later.

Comment

Hope they do well. I'll admit I LOL'd pretty hard at Machado; does a Bautista-quality bat flip, but then gets all pissy when Graterol shows them up later.
                                From what I heard it was the fact Gaterol's pitch got bitchslapped 410 feet, yet he was the one acting like HE did something great rather than allowing Bellinger to get credit. I could be wrong though--either way I have no problem with what Brusdar did, nor the chippiness. I actually kind of like the back n forth, it's added to the game for me--we ALL need an opponent we really really dislike and LA, though it's been a regional thing for decades, it's now becoming a personal thing between the clubs that will make the next few years extra fun to watch.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X