2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I ended up snagging Pomeranz late in my auction for more than I would have paid if more options were available at the time. I decided to overpay for his upside rather than play it safe with my end game cash. I'm hoping it pays off. He has teased a break out for years. Maybe if he can stay healthy for once it will finally happen.
    He has and he's in a great park to do just that--remember the Padres got Tyson Ross from the As as a project too.....
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ummmmm......will this team ever score?

Comment

• No never again

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
          No never again
          You may be right!

Comment

• Is Cashner waiver wire fodder in a not too deep 12 team mixed - or just bench him and wait a bit - Eichoff, Bauer, Hill, Tillman, Erlin, ANderson etc

If Gausman/McCullers comes off the DL I think I will waive Cashner

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              Is Cashner waiver wire fodder in a not too deep 12 team mixed - or just bench him and wait a bit - Eichoff, Bauer, Hill, Tillman, Erlin, ANderson etc

If Gausman/McCullers comes off the DL I think I will waive Cashner
              I like Eickhoff better than Cashner, but it's close and I wouldn't fault you for not making that move. Hill could be moving up after his recent dominant start. The others, meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I like Eickhoff better than Cashner, but it's close and I wouldn't fault you for not making that move. Hill could be moving up after his recent dominant start. The others, meh.
                I actually like Cody Anderson a bit as a sleeper at this point. Velocity was way up this Spring so I read. If his K/9 goes up, he could actually be a nice find.

Comment

• Some updates coming,

Pretty much everyone who is hurt Tyson Ross, Solarte, Morrow and Edwards are getting set to return to the team in a week or so.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the pitching.

Amarista back to AAA you would think is easy call, but Jankowski is vulnerable to being sent down as well as the Padres are going with Upton and Blash. Blash isn't going anywhere even if he struggles and neither is Upton so Janko, who isn't getting any time, is a guy they might ship down. It's close.

The pitching is another story, With Ross coming back and Morrow getting a shot at the rotation, something has to give. Pomeranz is the guy I see sticking in the rotation, though Erlin will make that choice difficult. Don't count out the possibility that the Padres experiment with a 6 man rotation. Rea will most likely be sent down. With Edwards returning, I can't see who they send to AAA. The obvious choice is to return Perdomo, but they kept him over other better performing arms out of ST, so who knows. Maybe Hand, but then they'll face the same dilemma when Thornton returns.

The Norris to Tex chatter has picked up after Chirinos was hurt, but I'm not hearing anything significant. I also can't see the Padres going much longer with Spang at 2b, he's been brutal in the field and outside of a good game in Coors, he's sucked at the plate too. I'd anticipate a change coming months end if it continues.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Who would take over at 2B?

Comment

• Dang, i didnt realize how poor spangey has been playing. 5 errors in 10 games is unrosterable for any ML club. 7/38 with 3 XBH with an 11/3 SO-W isnt good either. Is there anything to like outside of Kemp on the team at all?

Comment

• Jemile Weeks was close to making the roster in spring training, but he hasn't been hitting in AAA. Rosales can play second in a pinch. Probably one of them.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesfredette View Post
                          Dang, i didnt realize how poor spangey has been playing. 5 errors in 10 games is unrosterable for any ML club. 7/38 with 3 XBH with an 11/3 SO-W isnt good either. Is there anything to like outside of Kemp on the team at all?
                          That's a great question. And it's too bad because GITH knows the team better than anyone on the site, but the info is useless for roto since you have to be a masochist to roster any Padres outside of Kemp.

Comment

• Weeks or Rosales to take over for Spang. Yuck!!! Does Spang have a history of being a bad defender? I took him cheap because I was looking at him for cheap steals.

Comment

• Both Weeks and Pirela tore it up in ST as did Rosales and they went with Rosales, BUT now Amarista is killing the ball and might be an option at second. Any way you slice it, the Padres IF outside is kind of a mess.

I hear that regardless of who starts the year there, the Padres are looking to sign the Cuban, Jose Fernandez and he'll move into the position quickly as possible.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Both Weeks and Pirela tore it up in ST as did Rosales and they went with Rosales, BUT now Amarista is killing the ball and might be an option at second. Any way you slice it, the Padres IF outside is kind of a mess.

I hear that regardless of who starts the year there, the Padres are looking to sign the Cuban, Jose Fernandez and he'll move into the position quickly as possible.
                                Is Fernandez available is to be signed now? If they sign him sounds like a nice upgrade from what they have shown.

Comment

Working...
                                X