No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point, I hope he hits the IL so I can start TJ Friedl over him with no regrets.

Comment

• Juan Soto Crapwatch:
      Since August 15th (102 PAs), Juan Soto is hitting .127 with 4 RBIs.
      In September alone (48 PAs), Juan Soto is hitting .081 with 1 RBI

Comment

• An excuse I haven't heard in a few years but maybe the HR Derby has factored in to his dropoff?

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
          An excuse I haven't heard in a few years but maybe the HR Derby has factored in to his dropoff?
          It's possible, but the HR derby actually had the opposite effect last year. In 2021, his first half wasn't bad, but not 1st round worthy; then his second half he took off like a screaming banshee and might have been the most valuable offensive player in the second half of 2021.

But your question is still valid - more than one player has tanked after a long run in the HR derby. It might have happened here.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
            An excuse I haven't heard in a few years but maybe the HR Derby has factored in to his dropoff?
            Yes, and he spread the infection to Josh Bell.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Juan Soto Crapwatch:
              Since August 15th (102 PAs), Juan Soto is hitting .127 with 4 RBIs.
              In September alone (48 PAs), Juan Soto is hitting .081 with 1 RBI
              reverse Jink always works...
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                reverse Jink always works...
                That’s the plan!

2 hits and 3 RBIs! That’s like an whole month’s worth of production in a single game!

Comment

• Padres clinch a WC spot, still hold the #2 WC 1.5 game's ahead of Philly.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padres dispatch the Dodgers tonite, 5-3 to advance to the NLCS! Hader struck out all 3 batters he faced in the 9th and showed no signs of his struggles earlier this year. This was, by W-L record, the 2nd biggest upset in playoff history. Padres finished 22 games behind the Dodgers. The only bigger upset was in the 1906 WS when the WhiteSox beat the Cubs having had a 23-win difference in wins and losses. All 3 NL 100-win teams now are out of the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Padres dispatch the Dodgers tonite, 5-3 to advance to the NLCS! Hader struck out all 3 batters he faced in the 9th and showed no signs of his struggles earlier this year. This was, by W-L record, the 2nd biggest upset in playoff history. Padres finished 22 games behind the Dodgers. The only bigger upset was in the 1906 WS when the WhiteSox beat the Cubs having had a 23-win difference in wins and losses. All 3 NL 100-win teams now are out of the playoffs.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Robert Suarez re-signed to a 4-yr deal

Comment

• MLB Network's Jon Morosi says the deal between the Padres and reliever Robert Suarez is worth $46 million over five years.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Padres signed Xander to an 11 year deal, signaling their commitment to winning it all. Who'd have thunk, that the Padres would become the Empire in that their owner Peter Seidler, will spend what it takes to win the series.
                            After offering Turner AND Judge almot 400 million, get ready for the new world order

San Diego Padres.
                            They're your Fathers.
                            Luke.....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              The Padres signed Xander to an 11 year deal, signaling their commitment to winning it all. Who'd have thunk, that the Padres would become the Empire in that their owner Peter Seidler, will spend what it takes to win the series. After offering Turner AND Judge almot 400 million, get ready for the new world order San Diego Padres. They're your Fathers. Luke.....
                              Sorry Doig, this deal reeks of desperation. Preller HAD to get someone, so he vastly overpaid in both years and money for a very goo, but not great player. And now Boegarts become the starting SS, probably the best SS in fielding ability on the team, but he's going to hold that position for years to come.
                              Manny will probably opt out next season, but I doubt Xander will shift over to 3rd.
                              Does he make them better, sure. But not THAT much better...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Yeah, 11 years for a 30 year old SS is way more than he should have been given, although it isn't crazy in this market, given Turner, just a year younger, also got 11 years. He is gonna be an albatross for the second half of the deal (so will Turner), but will be great for them the first 4-5 years, I think. I'd rather have Turner for $20 mil more over the next 11 years, but neither deal is a team friendly one in terms of years.

Comment

Working...
                                X