No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a big surprise at this point, but Abrams officially called up, woohoo!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Padre roster update--Caratini, Paddack and Pagan were moved opening those spots.

Krol didn't make it as Rogers fills the need for a lefty

Gore indeed sent down though as reported Abrams made the squad.

Guerra made it mainly because he's out of options.

Azocar because the needed options in the OF mainly a back up for CF, he fills Caratini's spot.

I still think the Padres will make a move or seven. LF is still an issue as is Hosmer's contract. Things I see being addressed sooner rather than later.

I know some are anointing Rogers the new closer, I am not. He definitely enters the conversation, but I believe the gig is Suárez's to lose. If I had to bid FAAB on him, I wouldn't dump it all--monitor this weekend's series in AZ and see who gets the call should there be an opportunity and bid accordingly.

Hope this is helpful and Go Padres!
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• That's interesting because he said exactly the opposite in his pregame press scrum.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Not that it means anything, but Suarez is in for the save and broadcasters repeat what I've heard--that Suarez is gonna get the first shot at the gig.

The broadcasters just mentioned that Melvin did say rogers would get some saves.

7 straight balls to start his ML career, throwing 100 but can't find the plate. Back to back walks.

Stay tuned....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Wild pitch. the guy is at 99-100 but can't locate AT all. Hit the guy, damn.....and his night is done.

Who will it be?

Stammen was up, I'd have thought they'd have Rogers ready in case......

Stammen wild pitch, runner scores. Gives up a tater, 2 pitches 4 runs....

Padres implode after a brilliant night by Darvish, Hill and Johnson.

Suarez with an ERA of infinity..........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ugh. Ugly start - or more accurately ugly finish.

Is Paddack worth a bunch of FAAB for AL leagues?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Ugh. Ugly start - or more accurately ugly finish.

I wish I could help you--I'm not in any 'only' leagues and the one I was in years ago kicked my ass.

I wouldn't go crazy on him, he does have potential, but can the twins help him realize it? That's a question for Hornsby.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Wild pitch. the guy is at 99-100 but can't locate AT all. Hit the guy, damn.....and his night is done.

Who will it be?

Stammen was up, I'd have thought they'd have Rogers ready in case......

Stammen wild pitch, runner scores. Gives up a tater, 2 pitches 4 runs....

Padres implode after a brilliant night by Darvish, Hill and Johnson.

Suarez with an ERA of infinity..........
                  watched it last night. have him in the FA league. and i had Tylor Megill so i was like, great way to start the week.

not that it's Monday but, seriously, all pitchers do worse on the first day, which is usually Monday. for 20 years, always Monday.

this guy just got nervous. he pitched in Japan and threw his darts over the board. i am not giving up on him. the interesting point is the next pitcher gave up a homer to Seth Beer. so Beer is the star here. too bad they batted him lower in the batting order with no hope of scoring runs unless he drives himself in. but seems like a nice return for Greinke.

i don't see why Rogers can't succeed. but he is a lefty.

you know what would be a great thread, list in order the best organizations for developing pitching. and there you go TB, STL CLE

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    Ugh. Ugly start - or more accurately ugly finish.

If SP is a weakness, he's the best lottery ticket there is given the length of the return. He could be just as bad as he was in SD the past couple years, so I only bid if he's a need not a want.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Snell scratched with a tight left abductor--the same injury that essentially shelved him for the rest of 2021.

Crismatt in for him today, but if Snell goes on the IL, I have to believe it'll be Gore who replaces him--Gore pitched last night in AAA and was outstanding 5IP, 2H, 7Ks & no walks.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• free MacKenzie Gore, it's gonna happen sooner than you think

Comment

• From the Padres: The team is hopeful that Snell can make his scheduled start Friday. TBD. Clevinger starts rehab at Elsinore on Thursday. So my dreams of Gore in the bigs are on hold for now.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Gore is with the Padres in SF. He has his own Locker. Padres DFA Geurra. Looks like McKenzie will make his season debut on Friday vs the Braves. Most likely taking Snell's place in the rotation for the time being.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Gore is with the Padres in SF. He has his own Locker. Padres DFA Geurra. Looks like McKenzie will make his season debut on Friday vs the Braves. Most likely taking Snell's place in the rotation for the time being.
                              In other news Austin Adams left the game with forearm tightness. That leaves the team with 2 spots if Snell and Adams hit the IL. Guerra was DFA'd today when the team claimed Kyle Tyler (again) so that makes 3 spots to fill. Gore will take one, Krol the other and if I had to guess either Tyler will get his shot or Higgins. Not that these RPs will have any fantasy relevance, just a FYI.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X