2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    So Strahm back to the IL, Arrieta gave up 5 ERs in 3.1 IP then left with an Injury....Paging A Sanchez....
    I would understand if the Padres waive Arrieta before today's game is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      They would be better off promoting one of their roster filler pitchers than do this.
      See what I mean...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        See what I mean...
        Unfortunately, they have no fillers that haven't used.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          So Strahm back to the IL, Arrieta gave up 5 ERs in 3.1 IP then left with an Injury....Paging A Sanchez....
          You just gotta stop breaking your new toys right after you get them! I don’t care if it was ugly!

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            You just gotta stop breaking your new toys right after you get them! I don’t care if it was ugly!

It could have been worse--Tatis was hit in the hand, that'd pretty much end any chance of the Padres overcoming all these injuries and holding onto the WC--not that they will with him, but it'd sure help having him around if they're going to.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Gore pitched in the Padre's rookie league yesterday and only had 1 walk (very encouraging) in 4.2 IP. It feels like months since he last pitched in a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                Gore pitched in the Padre's rookie league yesterday and only had 1 walk (very encouraging) in 4.2 IP. It feels like months since he last pitched in a game.
                Struck out 8 and the 1ER allowed was allowed by the reliver who followed. Good News and yeah--I believe it has been almost 2 months if not longer since Gore has pitched a game.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Doug Eddings again, MFer makes the worst calls and in key situations Vs the Padres--same asshole who screwed them vs Miami.

The guy should never be allowed behind the plate in another Padre game.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• The skidding Padres have fired pitching coach Larry Rothschild.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      The skidding Padres have fired pitching coach Larry Rothschild.
                      The Skidding Padres is a good name for a band.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        The Skidding Padres is a good name for a band.
                        Or a fantasy team

Comment

Phillies get swept by the Diamondbacks and then take 2/3 from Pads... cripes.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

First of many, I suspect, if the Pads come up short to the Reds for the final playoff slot.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Wrong post.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                First of many, I suspect, if the Pads come up short to the Reds for the final playoff slot.
                                I don't see wholesale changes.

There were signs that Rothchild just didn't jive with the arms in his care. Got to give it to him, there were a shit load of injuries since he got here in 2020--still had the staff and BP held it together much longer than I thought they would given again, injuries and underperformance.

Padres have 6 weeks to prove they belong in the playoffs, getting Darvish back this week will help. Paddack and Lamet should return soon. The potential of Gore getting a shot if his next couple of starts go as well as his last start is also a slight ray of hope.

But mostly, Yu, Blake and Joe have ALL got to pitch to their potential, going deep and allowing the BP to do what they do best. Paddack and Gore need to pitch down the stretch to save the BP which leads MLB in Innings Pitched. Weathers needs to be sent down to regroup. Arrieta needs to stay on the IL.

but MOSTLY--The offense needs to play consistent ball, they have yet to click on all cylinders.

It's gonna be tough, they have one of the most difficult schedules left. 9 games vs LA, 7 games vs SF, 10 games vs Atl/Hou/Stl and only 7 vs LAA/AZ.

I believe they have the talent to get into the #2 WC, but do they have the heart.

I guess we'll find out....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X