No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett Richards, not Clayton Richard, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Garrett Richards, not Clayton Richard, correct?
      Correct
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Profar joins the Boys in Brown. I wish he'd have brought Blake with him. Profar MIGHT be the starting 2b guy, but there's a chance he'll be super utility and the Padres will grab another starting 2bman off that big pile of guys out there.

Villar or Moustakas might still be in their thoughts..
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Pads in talks with the Rays - Renfroe and Xavier Edwards (Pads #5 prospect) for Tommy Pham and a prospect.

Comment

• Done deal. Seems like a steal for the Padres. How did the Rays not land one of the Padres young arms in this deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Done deal. Seems like a steal for the Padres. How did the Rays not land one of the Padres young arms in this deal?
              Pham is the better player but I don’t see this trade as that big of a steal. Four years of team control over a 2 WAR outfielder going into his age 28 season for two years of a 3 WAR outfielder going into his age 32 season. Seems pretty fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Pham is the better player but I don’t see this trade as that big of a steal. Four years of team control over a 2 WAR outfielder going into his age 28 season for two years of a 3 WAR outfielder going into his age 32 season. Seems pretty fair.
                Pham lost to all who play AL only.

Rats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Pham lost to all who play AL only.

Rats!
                  And for those in mixed, it's a slight knock on Pham's value as well. More competition, worse park, worse offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    And for those in mixed, it's a slight knock on Pham's value as well. More competition, worse park, worse offense.
                    Thanks for bring that up. I do not want to knee jerk react to get back what is mine in my NL auction. I will bring him up early and sit back and watch the fireworks.

Comment

• Renfroe Gone--Pham in.

Edwards was a great prospect, but with Quiroz looking good plus Miller/Abrams in the system, he was expendable. We'll see what Cronenworth can do in the meantime--possible platoon with Profar as it seems the Padres missed out on the FA 2bmen who might have pushed Profar to super sub.

To answer Ken on Gore----The Padres showed last year that if you make an impression in Spring Training, you can break camp with the big club (Tatis/Padduack/Margevicious) Keep an eye on him in camp, if he's lights out--he'll start in SD if he's just OK look for a mid season call up. The Rotation as it stands today (which surely will change) Paddack, Richard, Lamet, Davies, Lucchesi so there's definitely room for improvement which I see happening eventually.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Blake Snell apparently not happy - per ESPN, "We gave Pham up for Refroe and a damn slapd--k prospect?" Should make for a fun Rays clubhouse introduction at Spring Training!

Rays pitcher Blake Snell apologized for his reaction -- captured during a livestream on Twitch -- to news that teammate Tommy Pham was traded to San Diego.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Renfroe Gone--Pham in.

Edwards was a great prospect, but with Quiroz looking good plus Miller/Abrams in the system, he was expendable. We'll see what Cronenworth can do in the meantime--possible platoon with Profar as it seems the Padres missed out on the FA 2bmen who might have pushed Profar to super sub.

To answer Ken on Gore----The Padres showed last year that if you make an impression in Spring Training, you can break camp with the big club (Tatis/Padduack/Margevicious) Keep an eye on him in camp, if he's lights out--he'll start in SD if he's just OK look for a mid season call up. The Rotation as it stands today (which surely will change) Paddack, Richard, Lamet, Davies, Lucchesi so there's definitely room for improvement which I see happening eventually.
                          Maybe just me, but I like that rotation well enough. Paddack looks studly, Richard the serviceable vet, Lamet could well have a major breakthrough this year, the tools are there, Davies looks to be in a good place after leaving a tough home park and Lucchesi is also serviceable with upside. It's not the 69 Orioles but not too bad really.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            Maybe just me, but I like that rotation well enough. Paddack looks studly, Richard the serviceable vet, Lamet could well have a major breakthrough this year, the tools are there, Davies looks to be in a good place after leaving a tough home park and Lucchesi is also serviceable with upside. It's not the 69 Orioles but not too bad really.
                            I like the rotation too. Paddack and Lamet especially. Richards is always an injury concern. If he can stay on the mound, his stuff is great.

Davies, I don't buy. Extremely low K rate, doesn't pitch many innings, 4.5 FIP.

I think Lucchesi has reached close to his upside, he relies on deception more than stuff, and it works for him. He's more than adequate as an SP4.

But taking that base and adding Gore. I'd love that as a Padres fan. They appear to be set for a long time at the top of that rotation (or at least to the extent that you can rely on pitchers these days).

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Thanks, a surprise rotation spot out of ST for Gore would be awesome just as a fan. I was in on Paddack (and I had Margeviciuos on my list before ST last year although didn't end up buying), and Gore also matches the type of pitcher I target early. Although Gore being one of the top 2-3 pitching prospects in baseball means I'm far from alone in that evaluation.
                              Last edited by Ken; 12-09-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• This team is Preller are all over the map. They've supposedly been in on every arm but come away with no one. I'm a bit surprised they didn't get Kluber especially with what TX gave up for him.

So now the rumblings are--Whit Merrifield, Lindor, Marte, Betts, Price. Kim, Keuchel and everyone else under the sun.

It looks like they really want to upgrade the offense more than the Pitching, I thought they'd be equally important, but as has been pointed out--the staff as is isn't horrible especially if Gore is added, just not what I thought they'd go into the season with.

There's still plenty of time, they didn't sign Machado until the last moment...…...we shall see.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X