Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Paddack, sprained ankle--Day to Day.
    Sprained ankles cause drops in velocity?

Yeah, i guess if it's the back foot then you can't push off of the rubber as well. The front foot would mostly bother him on his follow-through while releasing the ball.

So, he must have thrown more than one pitch with the sprained ankle. Meaning it must not have been severe initially. But, then it became more severe when he kept pitching.
    Last edited by madducks; 09-10-2020, 10:52 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Yeah, i guess if it's the back foot then you can't push off of the rubber as well. The front foot would mostly bother him on his follow-through while releasing the ball.

So, he must have thrown more than one pitch with the sprained ankle. Meaning it must not have been severe initially. But, then it became more severe when he kept pitching.
      Not sure--all I know is he was cruising, then gave up the HR, but then K'd the next two--suddenly he's out.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

More important is if it changes a pitchers mechanics. May have been 80+ years ago now, but the lesson of Dizzy Dean is remembered by a lot of baseball people. I suspect Paddack tried to tough it out, but they saw his mechanics changed and they got him out quickly.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Game vs SF postponed, poss Covid issue (assumed because there was no reason given and it's definitely NOT the weather).

Edit--Positive Test in the Giants Org.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I can't find any info on why Lamet got pushed from him Saturday and now Sunday expected starts. He last pitched on Monday and is now schedules to pitch tomorrow. Are they just giving him extra rest for some reason? Weird for him to keep getting pushed back with no word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I can't find any info on why Lamet got pushed from him Saturday and now Sunday expected starts. He last pitched on Monday and is now schedules to pitch tomorrow. Are they just giving him extra rest for some reason? Weird for him to keep getting pushed back with no word.
              Padres have the dodgers for three starting Monday, they want their ace ready for them--being within 2.5 games gives them a shot to actually win the division with a sweep (or at least take the lead)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Padres placed 1B Eric Hosmer on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to July 29, with gastritis.
                Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                Not Padres-related, but Kris Bryant missed yesterday due to “gastrointestinal issues”. What in the world is going around now?
                Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                Now JD Davis is missing a game due to “stomach” issues.
                Originally posted by madducks View Post
                And Indians manager Terry Francona was admitted to the Cleveland Clinic on Monday due to a lingering gastrointestinal issue.
                Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire is absent again Monday with symptoms related to gastrointestinal issues.

MLB is like a bad cruise ship.
                Jeff McNeil left Sunday's game against the Blue Jays due to gastrointestinal discomfort.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jeff McNeil left Sunday's game against the Blue Jays due to gastrointestinal discomfort.
                  You think this is code for covid or something? I have mccneil and I am not sure if I should start him for next week. He has gotten red hot.

Comment

• The Padres clinched their first postseason berth since 2006.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Kirby Yates and Trevor Rosenthal are both free agents this winter. Will the Padres resign either or both of them? Yates will be 34 years old next year and Rosenthal will be 31.

Drew Pomeranz is signed for 3 more years at $6/$8/$8 million. He will be 32 years old next year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Padres clinched their first postseason berth since 2006.
                        fake news

and this would be the jinkiest RJ jink of all time

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The Padres clinched their first postseason berth since 2006.
                          Officially clinched today! Excited to see what this team can do in the postseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Officially clinched today! Excited to see what this team can do in the postseason.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• What can i say? I'm ahead of my time. Or something like that lol. Congrats to the Padres!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Clevenger exits after a 1-2-3- inning with 2 Ks. Apparently his bicep still bothers him. No info on his availability to start in the Playoffs.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X