No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also.....I thought Lamet would be a shoe-in for the rotation, health permitting. Is he really just a maybe at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Great stuff! Thank you.

It looks like you are confident that they are not trading Yates and he will remain the closer?
      If they're serious about contending in 2020, I don't see how he can't be the closer or part of a closing tandem if they go after another stabled closer in FA or through trade. He wasn't traded last deadline, so I presume he'll be the closer once again.

But Preller has proven he'll trade anyone if the splash is big enough.

But yeah, he'll be the closer.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
        Also.....I thought Lamet would be a shoe-in for the rotation, health permitting. Is he really just a maybe at this point?
        I love the guy too, but right now-- Preller won't be advocating a Hope you get it together soon kid, kind of mentality. He's healthy, but still needs to work on his control, if he can show improvement in ST, he should be in the rotation. I see him a tick above Lucchesi stuff-wise so If I were guessing I'd say Lamet gets the nod over Joey--I really think Joey is moved in a deal to obtain some of the other names I mentioned coming in--
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I love the guy too, but right now-- Preller won't be advocating a Hope you get it together soon kid, kind of mentality. He's healthy, but still needs to work on his control, if he can show improvement in ST, he should be in the rotation. I see him a tick above Lucchesi stuff-wise so If I were guessing I'd say Lamet gets the nod over Joey--I really think Joey is moved in a deal to obtain some of the other names I mentioned coming in--
          He struck out almost 13 per nine and lowered his era half a run from his rookie season, while coming back from TJ. If they don't start him i hope they trade him to someone who will. I guess we find out in spring if not sooner.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• wow, I was skeptical of Lamet's peripherals - until I looked at them. if he stays healthy, he's on his way.

4.07 ERA but 3.53 xERA, for instance - and he kept getting better down the stretch.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              wow, I was skeptical of Lamet's peripherals - until I looked at them. if he stays healthy, he's on his way.

4.07 ERA but 3.53 xERA, for instance - and he kept getting better down the stretch.
              Walks continue to look like a big concern.

Comment

• Going from Minute Maid Park to Petco Park would probably lower Gerrit Cole's already awesome ratios. And there's also the DH thing. Or the lack thereof.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Walks continue to look like a big concern.
                  105 K and 30 BB in 73 IP is a better than 3-to-1 ratio. better than 4 to 1 down the stretch.

only a short season, but how many starters post 3+ to 1 numbers?
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    105 K and 30 BB in 73 IP is a better than 3-to-1 ratio. better than 4 to 1 down the stretch.

only a short season, but how many starters post 3+ to 1 numbers?
                    Like I've said--if he continues to improve in the walk cat, he'll enter elite territory. BUT, the walks have contributed to him not going deep and making a crucial mistake after said walks causing more damage than the Padre offense can overcome.

Say-Cole, Paddack, Richards, Lamet and Gore----Hell Lamet could end up 5th in that rotation if they all pitch to expectations.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Strasburg to Opt Out...……...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Having to clear 11 guys off the 40 before Monday he's already traded Jankowski and released/DFAd/declined option on Stock, Warren, Loup, Stammen, Erlin and Kennedy. 4 more need to go in some manner before then. I'm expecting guys like Kinsler (who might join the coaching staff), Mejias-brean, Yardley and Martini all of whom are older and only because facilitating a trade of significance right now would be tough.
                        Brean Outrighted to AAA, Yardley DFAd. Nix DFAd (I should have mentioned him after the doggie door incident lol) Carl Edwards Outrighted and is now a FA. I'm kind of surprised Kinsler is still on the roster, but he's a pal of Tingler and Preller...….

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• FOUR years for Pomeranz. Wow. I like him as a reliever but four years???

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                            FOUR years for Pomeranz. Wow. I like him as a reliever but four years???
                            reminds me of the Cards signing of Brett Cecil a couple of years ago ...
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              FOUR years for Pomeranz. Wow. I like him as a reliever but four years???
                              That is nuts.

Comment

San Diego Padres off season 2019-2020 or Strange things afoot at the Circle K.

The OF will feature at least 2 new players possibly all 3 spots with new guys. . Names I've heard bandied about are Corey Dickerson, Betts, Starling Marte, Shogo, Mazara, and Kyle Tucker though there could be someone not being talked about who is added. It's going to be a vastly different OF in San Diego in 2020.

2B is also a place they'll look to improve. I believe Urias will be moved

And so it begins.

Many will bemoan the loss of Urias, but not I. The Padres have had exactly ONE position player in the past 10 years become what everyone touted them to be--Tatis Jr. So forgive me if I'm not on the--the Padres just traded Roberto Alomar Jr part deuax.

I like the addition of Grisham, he a LH bat which the Padres were in need of (though they could add more) He's got a spot in the OF so prepare for the dominos as others have to go buh bye.

Davies is a mid, back end of the rotation arm better than Lauer and possibly Lucchesi whom I now believe will be packaged in another deal.

The rotation is shaping up thus

TOR arm yet to be acquired, Paddack, Richard, Lamet, Davies

Pomeranz will be great in theBP and though 4 years is more than I'd have given him, it was apparently what it took to get him. He was great in SD before--I hope he is again.

The deal I'm intrigued about (rumored) is one that nets Profar and Treinen from the A's. Not sure who they'd give up to get them, but both would help the Padres get deeper and thus better.

Stick around folks it's just getting started in SD and BTW--Those new Brown unis are outstanding!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X