No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guys like Kinsler (who might join the coaching staff)

Gone, still with the Organization in some Admin. capacity
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• oh

Josh Tolentino
      @JCTSports
      #Rays are trading reliever Emilio Pagan to the #Padres in exchange for outfielder Manuel Margot and prospect C/OF Logan Driscoll, sources tell @TheAthleticMLB
      9:28 PM · Feb 8, 2020
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        oh

Josh Tolentino
        @JCTSports
        #Rays are trading reliever Emilio Pagan to the #Padres in exchange for outfielder Manuel Margot and prospect C/OF Logan Driscoll, sources tell @TheAthleticMLB
        9:28 PM · Feb 8, 2020
        Whoa...I guess the Pads are all in on Grisham in CF then. And the closer role is wide open for Tampa Bay. I do like the move for San Diego though...make the bullpen as strong as possible without sacrificing anything of real value.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Whoa...I guess the Pads are all in on Grisham in CF then. And the closer role is wide open for Tampa Bay. I do like the move for San Diego though...make the bullpen as strong as possible without sacrificing anything of real value.
          I'm hearing, it's between Grisham, Franchy and Myers (please no). Though another deal could still be made to net a true CF. Preller never seems to rest.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            I'm hearing, it's between Grisham, Franchy and Myers (please no). Though another deal could still be made to net a true CF. Preller never seems to rest.
            Are either Cordero or Myers good enough in CF? I just don't know enough about their defense...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Are either Cordero or Myers good enough in CF? I just don't know enough about their defense...
              Good enough? I don't know about that, I know they both have started in CF for the Padres. Myers isn't very good, Franchy is fast but takes poor routes.

They have Pham, Grisham, Myers, Cordero and Naylor in the OF now with the outside chance of Taylor Trammell should he be able force the issue in ST. There's always the chance Preller has another trade in mind. Who knows.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• 2019 Padres CF starts - Margot 98, Myers 58, FCordero 3, Jankowski 2, Renfroe 1
                2018 Padres CF starts - Margot 123, Jankowski 27, FCordero 10, Szczur 2
                2017 Padres CF starts - Margot 121, FCordero 22, Szczur 14, Jankowski 4, ACordoba 2
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Team with lots of relievers trades for a reliever.
                  Team with lots of outfielders trades for an outfielder.

Weird deal.

Comment

• Wonder if the Rays are looking to trade Kiermaier's $10-12 MM/year contract? Margot strikes me as a younger, cheaper Kiermaier.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Wonder if the Rays are looking to trade Kiermaier's $10-12 MM/year contract? Margot strikes me as a younger, cheaper Kiermaier.
                      Pirates need a CF. Maybe the Rays can trick them again.

Comment

• Rumors are swirling that SD is trying to swing a three-team deal with Boston and Cleveland or Cincy for Lindor or Senzel...seeing that they have a pretty stable infield, what would be the fallout if they added lindor? Profar to the OF? Profar to the bench? I can see them using Senzel in CF so that makes more sense.

FEBRUARY 19: The Pads are indeed interested in both Lindor and Senzel, Dennis Lin of The Athletic reports (subscription link). It's …

Comment

• Profar is pretty terrible, so moving him to a utility role would be an improvement for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Rumors are swirling that SD is trying to swing a three-team deal with Boston and Cleveland or Cincy for Lindor or Senzel...seeing that they have a pretty stable infield, what would be the fallout if they added lindor? Profar to the OF? Profar to the bench? I can see them using Senzel in CF so that makes more sense.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...yers-swap.html
                            Most likely Profar to the drive through window: "Would you like Fries with that?"

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Profar is pretty terrible, so moving him to a utility role would be an improvement for them.
                              Maybe the signing of Dozier puts him there?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                                Maybe the signing of Dozier puts him there?
                                Dozier makes Profar look better to me...a little competition will do him good

Comment

Working...
                                X