2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
    GITH, they are bringing Naylor back to platoon in Pham's place?

I think I read Gore is getting back on track at the alternative site? What have you heard? They have an opening tomorrow for a spot starter, just saying!
    Pham out, but he was struggling, Yates out, but he was too. Now Mejia is hurt and who knows (but he was struggling as well) Torrens will be called up to play in Mejia's place. I think they'll give Both Naylor and Olivares a shot, but the leash will be short. Myers was also banged up a bit this weekend so...Trammell?

I'd love for Gore to get the call after watching DET call up Mize and Company, they just might--slot him in as the #5 starter and push Cal to the BP where a guy who can get outs is really needed now.

My ear is to the ground, but I'm not getting the normal trickles of info I usually do.

If they Don't call up Gore--do rule them out revisiting a Clevinger deal (Lindor too) This next 4 games are important, they need to get back on the right side of .500
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Naylor was removed from the cryogenic chamber yesterday for transport back to the Padres. might be in a platoon role - but I'm not getting my hopes up

heh, now I have 6 OF, 6 INF - and 6 P
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        Naylor was removed from the cryogenic chamber yesterday for transport back to the Padres. might be in a platoon role - but I'm not getting my hopes up

heh, now I have 6 OF, 6 INF - and 6 P
        Kid has skills, if he was just a bit more consistent.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• 4 games, 4 Grand Slams--MLB record. Thanks to the Texas Rangers for being so accommodating.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Trent Grisham 3 HRs tonight

Comment

• Meet your new San Diego Padres

Mike Clevinger SP
              Trevor Rosenthal RP
              Austin Adams RP
              Dan Altavilla RP
              Austin Nola Ca
              Jason Castro Ca
              Mitch Moreland DH
              Greg Allen Of/Ut

have I mentioned that I love this guy Preller?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• And without giving up any of their top 4 remaining prospects, correct?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  And without giving up any of their top 4 remaining prospects, correct?
                  Correct - they gave up several of their top 20 but they had a logjam with their 40 man roster which this will help. Kept their top 4-5 prospects intact. Really just gave up 1 or 2 top 100 guys (Trammel and maybe Aries).

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Meet your new San Diego Padres

Mike Clevinger SP
                    Trevor Rosenthal RP
                    Austin Adams RP
                    Dan Altavilla RP
                    Austin Nola Ca
                    Jason Castro Ca
                    Mitch Moreland DH
                    Greg Allen Of/Ut

Truly, it is like a fantasy league manager running the team in the best way possible. Given how long the franchise never went for it, win or lose, if I were a fan, I'd love this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Truly, it is like a fantasy league manager running the team in the best way possible. Given how long the franchise never went for it, win or lose, if I were a fan, I'd love this guy.
                      If you're in a league with me, you know I'm pretty much a Preller clone LOL.

But yeah, I love where the Padres are and where they can go.

For the next 3 years they have Lamet, Paddack, Davies, Clevinger, Patino, Gore to sort through in their rotation, not to mention guys like Morejon, Baez, Lucchesi (though I think he'll be traded in the offseason if not before)Espinosa and Lawson

Campusano comes up next year to join Machado, Tatis Jr, Coreneworth , Hosmer, Myers, Grisham and Pham. Abrams in the pipe along with quite a bit of potential.

it still will be hard to compete with LA and it's depth, but they're closing the gap and playing great baseball--It's fun to be a fan right now.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Taylor Williams as well, from the mariners.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Meet your new San Diego Padres

Mike Clevinger SP
                          Trevor Rosenthal RP
                          Austin Adams RP
                          Dan Altavilla RP
                          Austin Nola Ca
                          Jason Castro Ca
                          Mitch Moreland DH
                          Greg Allen Of/Ut

Man, that is quite the haul for a single trade deadline! Put Preller in the Haul of Fame.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

If you're in a league with me, you know Preller's pretty much a GITH clone LOL.
                            fixed.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              fixed.
                              hehe, yeah that too.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Padres place OF Wil Myers on the IL.

No reason was given.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X