No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tiny bit off topic, but my kids played at a ballpark this summer that has plaques for all the youth championship teams as you walk by this long fence. My son lit up when he saw CJ Abrams on like 5 teams in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Darvish is destroying my ratios tonight as the Arizona Triple -A team takes batting practice off of him.
      I had Hendricks, Reyes, May and Darvish go last night.

I am now losing ERA/WHIP this week. Hendricks has been traded for Taillon.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I can't imagine how ugly it'll be in management meetings if either the Dodgers or Padres lose a Wild Card slot to the Reds.
        Or the Braves
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I'm not sure if there's anything to it, but Darvish said he'd has had this issue (his back tightening up) in Chase field (or whatever it was called) twice before, once when he pitched in Chicago and once when he was with LA. They're going to evaluate him later today, there's a chance they might push his next start (Coors) back a day or two so he skips pitching in the altitude. If I hear something else I'll get it on here asap.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Or the Braves
            The Braves wouldn’t be anywhere near as humiliating as finishing behind the Reds.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              The Braves wouldn’t be anywhere near as humiliating as finishing behind the Reds.
              It's sad enough we're behind the Giants, but yeah losing to the reds, well I'd have to hear it from Lebowski forever.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It's sad enough we're behind the Giants, but yeah losing to the reds, well I'd have to hear it from Lebowski forever.
                Except Ray is really not a Reds fan but a Pirate fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  I did not know that--I figured since when I was out his way for a visit and he drove me by Johnny Cueto's old house--that he was a Reds kinda guy....Now if the Padres lose out to the Bucs! That'd be bad on pretty much every front...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Better dead than red.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      Better dead than red.
                      As an ex red head- I Disagree

Comment

Oh well, Lamet may or may not return this season. He had a "procedure" to clean out his hip--some kind of infection--As aggressive as the Padres and Tatis have been with Nando's rehabbing injuries, the Padres have been overly cautious of Lamet in his.

I believe he should have gone though with the TJ like Clevenger last season, he's pretty much being relegated to the BP going forward and has shown No improvement in re establishing himself as a reliable starter.

Such a talent, such a waste.
                        Many savvy fantasy players avoided Lamet like the plague this season, knowing his elbow issues. Strangely, they were proven right.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Many savvy fantasy players avoided Lamet like the plague this season, knowing his elbow issues. Strangely, they were proven right.
                          Yes they were...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

As an ex red head- I Disagree
                            It was on Ray avatar quite a few years ago. Personally I really liked the players in their glory years under Sparky. They were a terrific team.

Comment

• Tatis back tomorrow or Monday--no indication at which position, but he's a freak so, probably gonna pitch too.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

he's been pitching hurt for over a month.
                                Suspicion or reported? Impact for 2022 season?

Comment

Working...
                                X