No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Musgrove followed Snell today. It was apparently because the BP had thrown so many innings after 4 straight extra inning games. Paddack will start on normal rest Monday and they'll stay in rotation from there--No indication of Gore being summoned, but it is a definite possibility.

Edit: Gore pulled with a Blister, so probably not joining the big team quite yet.
    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 05-30-2021, 05:02 PM.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      No indication of Gore being summoned, but it is a definite possibility.

Edit: Gore pulled with a Blister, so probably not joining the big team quite yet.
      Gore's been bad so far this year. 1.8 WHIP overall in triple A so far. 5 walks over 3 innings in his last outing.

Comment

• Snell trade looking very bad. Seems to have lost all confidence. Moral: be careful when trading with Tampa Bay.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
          Snell trade looking very bad. Seems to have lost all confidence. Moral: be careful when trading with Tampa Bay.
          Nah, breathe brother--Snell will be fine it gonna take a bit to adjust for some players and he's one of em. He's the Padres though 2023 and at a bargain. Mejia, Patino and Wilcox? I'd do that deal every day. Pham and Cronenworth for Renfro and X Edwards? Again, any day. Pagan for Margot--pretty even. Tampa is a great organization, but very few get the best of Preller. The Padres don't own the best record in baseball, in spite of leading MLB in games on the DL, because Preller and the Padres get taken advantage of.

Snell will be in form when it counts, the stretch run and the playoffs.

Keep the faith!
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Doig, how big a believer are you in Musgrove? I have him at 16 in our NL only. Was offered McMahon 15 and BCrawford 1 for him. All players year one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Doig, how big a believer are you in Musgrove? I have him at 16 in our NL only. Was offered McMahon 15 and BCrawford 1 for him. All players year one.
              I love Musgrove, he's done nothing but excel since the second half of last season. 5 perfect innings in relief today. he's at home and loving it--Like I said in your trade thread--i'm not sold on McMahon and Crawford, he may or may not be the same--sure he'll earn a buck--But Joe, in Petco with the Padres offense behind him, can be a very cheap anchor for your NL only--but again I'm a homer so you might want to pick a few brains besides mine...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                Snell trade looking very bad. Seems to have lost all confidence. Moral: be careful when trading with Tampa Bay.
                I made an offer of Moncada for Snell last week. Thankfully, the other owner turned it down.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  I made an offer of Moncada for Snell last week. Thankfully, the other owner turned it down.
                  I was pursuing him as well, waited just long enough or I'd have him and his 7 Ers as well.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Tatis oblique strain. This guy cannot stay healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Tatis oblique strain. This guy cannot stay healthy.
                      Interesting question whether to trade for him (or not).

Comment

• I have mentioned before that last season I offered to unload the entire dump truck for Tatis to a contending owner who has never won in more than 25 years in this league - nor ever really "gone for it."

he told me "no, I can't win."

the Rotisserie Gods offered their wrath at his impudence - he lost the pennant. 105.5 points to 105.

he was right - he can't win, I guess.

he had a monster May, leading in all 5 hitting categories (aided by Tatis), and now is in 2nd place.

I made a similar offer 2 weeks ago - no response.

he's a great guy and we all love having him in the league. but damn - for once in your life, put a helmet on, pick up a bat, and stride to the plate.....
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Lamet looked good, but was getting nickel and dimed, when there was a horrific collision between Kim and Pham in LF. Not sure exactly how, but that ended the inning. Pham blew up in the dugout after he could walk. strange situation, hope everyone is ok.

EDIT: bases were loaded, ball dropped in LF, but apparently got force out at 3rd and 2nd to end the inning. strangest play I have seen in a while
                          Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 06-02-2021, 03:15 PM.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Another day another Padres injury...or two

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              I have mentioned before that last season I offered to unload the entire dump truck for Tatis to a contending owner who has never won in more than 25 years in this league - nor ever really "gone for it."

he told me "no, I can't win."

the Rotisserie Gods offered their wrath at his impudence - he lost the pennant. 105.5 points to 105.

he was right - he can't win, I guess.

he had a monster May, leading in all 5 hitting categories (aided by Tatis), and now is in 2nd place.

I made a similar offer 2 weeks ago - no response.

he's a great guy and we all love having him in the league. but damn - for once in your life, put a helmet on, pick up a bat, and stride to the plate.....
                              Most of the time that I own a top player, I sell for a king's ransom. In a standard keeper league where you might get 6-7 years max to keep a guy, but you only get 10 keeper slots, it's too much value concentrated in 1 player. If they win MVP, that's great, but I prefer to spread the risk and pick which assets to build with than hold on and hope to build by trading lesser assets. That's just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

I still have Wander (3rd year now) and Soto (4th or 5th year owning him, 1st yr of $25 thru 2025)... and I would deal either one for multiple studs if I ever contended, but I've just never contended in those 2 leagues.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                Most of the time that I own a top player, I sell for a king's ransom. In a standard keeper league where you might get 6-7 years max to keep a guy, but you only get 10 keeper slots, it's too much value concentrated in 1 player. If they win MVP, that's great, but I prefer to spread the risk and pick which assets to build with than hold on and hope to build by trading lesser assets. That's just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

I still have Wander (3rd year now) and Soto (4th or 5th year owning him, 1st yr of $25 thru 2025)... and I would deal either one for multiple studs if I ever contended, but I've just never contended in those 2 leagues.
                                It appears more zigging is needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X