No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Myers becoming droppable in a 12-team mixed 6x6? K'ing a SH*T TON, losing playing time, etc...My team below. Some notable names avail:

Hosmer
    Kendrick
    J.McCann (stock rising at thin position)
    Dietrich
    Pence (Hunter, not Mike)

K. Gibson
    Strahm
    Giolito
    Brennan (SEA, closer speculation)
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

• I'd hold for now, it's still early and he's still giving you some counting stats. With high K hitters you should expect ups and downs.
      I wouldn't say he's "losing playing time" - he's just been given a couple days off recently to get right. Hopefully that pays off.

Hosmer, Gibson, and Strahm are interesting names to add - do you have anyone else you could drop instead of Myers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I'd hold for now, it's still early and he's still giving you some counting stats. With high K hitters you should expect ups and downs.
        I wouldn't say he's "losing playing time" - he's just been given a couple days off recently to get right. Hopefully that pays off.

Hosmer, Gibson, and Strahm are interesting names to add - do you have anyone else you could drop instead of Myers?
        Hmmmm. MAYBE Beckham or Kiki, but love their positional flexibility...Castillo is our distant 4th closer but he's at least getting some saves in TB pen and has SP/RP flexibility so we can keep him in either slot when other guys are off.

C- J.Phegley
        1B- Votto
        2B- M.Carpenter
        SS- Villar
        3B-Vlad, Jr.
        MI- T.Beckham
        CI-Devers
        OF- Ozuna, Benintendi, Buxton, Castellanos
        UTIL- D.Santana
        BENCH: W.Myers, E.Hernandez
        SP: Scherzer, Verlander, D.German, M. Boyd, Hendricks, Porcello
        RP: Yates, Greene, W.Smith, D.Castillo
        IL: Tatis Jr., C.Martinez, Robertson
        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
        UTIL- Benintendi
        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
        IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
          Hmmmm. MAYBE Beckham or Kiki, but love their positional flexibility...Castillo is our distant 4th closer but he's at least getting some saves in TB pen and has SP/RP flexibility so we can keep him in either slot when other guys are off.
          I'd drop Beckham in a heartbeat before I'd drop Myers. Kiki too.

In a shallow league like that the entire free agent pool is like your bench - replacement level is really high. So while I love, (love, love, love) position flex in a 12 team only league, in a 12 team mixed it means very little to me. If you need a 2B, you go pick one up off your bench (i.e. free agency). If you need a SS, you go pick up a SS instead.

Just my 2c, but I think that position flex's value changes dramatically with league depth.

Comment

If you arent watching Paddack/DeGrom tonight you are missing out. As a huge fan of top end pitching this is a treat.
            Paddack v Kershaw tonight should be a fun watch.

Comment

Paddack v Kershaw tonight should be a fun watch.
              Hoping it's as good as the deGrom matchup was.

Comment

I don't discount that there's some skill in BABIP control for a pitcher, however he's still way outside the boundaries of the reasonable range. In the minors he was suppressing hits for sure, but still gave up a .260 BABIP. Probably need to double that .138 BABIP, giving him 10 more hits allowed, to get into the range where we can accept it as reasonable.
                In the 4 starts since this comment Paddack's BABIP has been .258, and he's still pitching like an ace. 3-1 with a 2.22 ERA and a 1.15 WHIP. And really most of the damage he has taken was all in the one start against the Dodgers.

Comment

• is the Eric Hosmer signing the last, biggest, dumbest contract ever for an OK veteran?

05.21... Padres 1B/OF prospect Josh Naylor went 3-for-5 with two homers and a walk on Monday for Triple-A El Paso.
                  Spin: It's the second two-homer game for Naylor, and the outfielder now has 10 roundtrippers in 43 games for the Chihuahuas. A 2015 first-round pick that came over to San Diego in a deal a year later from the Marlins, Naylor can really hit, and both the power and hit tools have a chance to be plus. There are defensive questions here, but the Padres are giving him a chance to play in the outfield. More than likely he's a first baseman -- maybe even a DH -- but the bat just might be good enough to play at either spot. He could help San Diego this summer, but it'd probably take an injury for that to occur.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    is the Eric Hosmer signing the last, biggest, dumbest contract ever for an OK veteran?
                    Does Chris Davis qualify as OK

Comment

is the Eric Hosmer signing the last, biggest, dumbest contract ever for an OK veteran?
                      Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Does Chris Davis qualify as OK
                      As much as i like Andrew McCutchen, i'm not sure that he is worth the $50 million over 3 years that the Phillies just gave him.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• who is Chris Davis blocking?

plus is he the ....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• here he comes!

05.23... Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports the Padres are calling up 1B/OF prospect Josh Naylor.
                          Spin: Naylor is expected to make his big-league debut in his native Canada when the Padres travel to Toronto this weekend. Miami drafted Naylor 12th overall in 2015 but traded him the following year as part of a deal that netted the Marlins Andrew Cashner, Colin Rhea (for a few days) and Tayron Guerrero. The 21-year-old has had a productive year in the minors, hitting .299 with 10 homers, 35 RBI and just 24 strikeouts in 184 at-bats. He's considered the Padres' ninth-best prospect, according to MLB.com.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

here he comes!

05.23... Dennis Lin of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports the Padres are calling up 1B/OF prospect Josh Naylor.
                            Spin: Naylor is expected to make his big-league debut in his native Canada when the Padres travel to Toronto this weekend. Miami drafted Naylor 12th overall in 2015 but traded him the following year as part of a deal that netted the Marlins Andrew Cashner, Colin Rhea (for a few days) and Tayron Guerrero. The 21-year-old has had a productive year in the minors, hitting .299 with 10 homers, 35 RBI and just 24 strikeouts in 184 at-bats. He's considered the Padres' ninth-best prospect, according to MLB.com.
                            I assume this is just to act as the DH for the interleague games? He won’t have a spot after that, correct?

Comment

• that would be my guess - but this is a tremendous pedigree, and he rakes.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• I trying to figure out if Naylor takes away AB on Renfroe, Myers and Margot as they are all sucking this year. He will be available for FAAB in one of my NL leagues and I need an OF bat. He could be up for a few games and go back down or maybe the Padres have other plans.

Comment

Working...
                                X