No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It appears Franchy won't be used as much as I had hoped... 3 games in he started once and even when used, does done much (so far). He would certainly benefit from a trade.

Comment

• San Diego Padres designated RF Socrates Brito for assignment.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by minnehan View Post
        It appears Franchy won't be used as much as I had hoped... 3 games in he started once and even when used, does done much (so far). He would certainly benefit from a trade.
        Giants started 2 lefties in first 2 games. Franchy in for the 3rd game.....don't panic.

Comment

• I drafted Renfroe in a NL-only 9-team league. Time to drop him?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
            I drafted Renfroe in a NL-only 9-team league. Time to drop him?
            In a 9 team league you need starters at every position. I'm assuming that there are free agents available so if there is a better option I would do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
              I drafted Renfroe in a NL-only 9-team league. Time to drop him?
              I dropped him my 14 team league. Got no time for platoon players.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• How's the Matt Strahm bandwagon holding up these days?

Needed 89 pitches to get through 5 innings against the D-Backs, but he did get it done (4 Ks, 0 walks, 4 hits, 0 runs). Rounding into form? Or just kind of meh?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  How's the Matt Strahm bandwagon holding up these days?

Needed 89 pitches to get through 5 innings against the D-Backs, but he did get it done (4 Ks, 0 walks, 4 hits, 0 runs). Rounding into form? Or just kind of meh?
                  His k rate his down significantly not sure what to make of that. I am kind of meh.

Comment

Still hanging in with him. I'm finding the run support isn't always there with the Padres, but I love all of their young lefthanders. They're fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by minnehan View Post
                      Still hanging in with him. I'm finding the run support isn't always there with the Padres, but I love all of their young lefthanders.
                      and also Strahm, who is 27 1/2
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        I dropped him my 14 team league. Got no time for platoon players.
                        You must have more time now because you picked him back up.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          You must have more time now because you picked him back up.
                          He still blows. I'm a goof for these Padres. When will I learn??
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

87 pitches to get through 8 innings against Cincy, 5 k, 2 h, 0 bb, 1 run. Pretty good.

Also Tatis with his 6th HR and three steals tonight, including stealing 2nd and 3rd in the 11th inning down two. That's quite a green light.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Former top prospect Anderson Espinoza to undergo another TJ surgery.

Comment

• Ty France has been on fire. He is being called up today.

Go Ty Go!

Comment

Working...
                                X