No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padres manager Andy Green said the earliest Franchy Cordero (quad) could return is September 1.
    Cordero was nearing a return from a sprained elbow last month but suffered a quad injury during a rehab stint with Triple-A El Paso. The injury affected his tendon, which explains why Cordero's recovery has stalled. Injuries have limited the 24-year-old to just nine games this season.

SOURCE: Dennis Lin on Twitter
    Jul 4, 2019, 7:42 PM ET

Comment

• Tatis likely done for the season per Padres beat writer Kevin Acee on twitter...ugh

Comment

• Dinelson Lamet with 14 K's tonight. he has a pretty amazing strikeout rate.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Andy Green fired as manager.

Comment

• From the strange but (maybe) true files:

Padres RHP prospect Jacob Nix was arrested on October 6 in Peoria, Arizona on charges of criminal trespassing.

According to the police report obtained by ABC 15 in Arizona, Nix crawled through a doggie door into a stranger's house and was kicked and tased by the homeowner before being apprehended a few streets away. The initial call to the Peoria Police Department came at 3:30 a.m. Nix, a former third-round pick, struggled through elbow issues in 2019 and logged only 24 1/3 minor league innings, though he did register a promising 1.85 ERA when healthy. He had been pitching for the Peoria Javelinas in the Arizona Fall League.
            (Source: ABC 15)
            Oct 10, 2019, 3:14 PM ET
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              From the strange but (maybe) true files:

Padres RHP prospect Jacob Nix was arrested on October 6 in Peoria, Arizona on charges of criminal trespassing.

According to the police report obtained by ABC 15 in Arizona, Nix crawled through a doggie door into a stranger's house and was kicked and tased by the homeowner before being apprehended a few streets away. The initial call to the Peoria Police Department came at 3:30 a.m. Nix, a former third-round pick, struggled through elbow issues in 2019 and logged only 24 1/3 minor league innings, though he did register a promising 1.85 ERA when healthy. He had been pitching for the Peoria Javelinas in the Arizona Fall League.
              (Source: ABC 15)
              Oct 10, 2019, 3:14 PM ET
              Now he won't even play in Peoria
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Sounds like he won't mind being in the Padres doghouse.

Comment

• The Padres' managerial search has reportedly narrowed down to Rangers' Major League development coordinator Jayce Tingler and Braves third base coach Ron Washington. Both worked for Padres GM A.J. Preller during his time in the Rangers organization.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jayce Tingler to be named the new Padres Manager later today.

In more important news, the Padres reveal their new uniforms November 9th.

Back to the Brown and ???
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Jayce Tingler - I assume that's his Screen Actors Guild name.

what's his real name?
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Jayce Tingler - I assume that's his Screen Actors Guild name.

what's his real name?
                        Randy Thunderstick
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• San Diego Padres off season 2019-2020 or Strange things afoot at the Circle K.

Remember a few years back when the Padres won the off season and not much else? well hang onto your hats because this off season should prove to be even more awe inspiring. AJ Preller (and nearly everyone else remaining from the past couple of years) are under an edict from ownership to get this this years LAST PLACE PADRES into the playoffs in 2020. Everything is on Preller, he got his guy in Tingler as opposed to a more experiences ML manager, he's getting the coaching staff he wants. He's ALL IN.
                          Having to clear 11 guys off the 40 before Monday he's already traded Jankowski and released/DFAd/declined option on Stock, Warren, Loup, Stammen, Erlin and Kennedy. 4 more need to go in some manner before then. I'm expecting guys like Kinsler (who might join the coaching staff), Mejias-brean, Yardley and Martini all of whom are older and only because facilitating a trade of significance right now would be tough.

But there WILL be trading and FAgenting galore.

Here's what I see happening.

Padres will sign one of the top FA TOR arms. Cole, Madbum, Wheeler or Strasburg (should he opt out. There's not any doubt they will go hard after cole and Stras, whether they win the bidding war or not remains to be seen, but they apparently appear to be committed to spending more money--enough to ,move them into a top 10 payroll (they're currently 25th) The rest of the rotation should feature at least Paddack and Richard with one or two of Lamet, Lucchesi and possible Gore. There's also a chance a mid rotation guy could come by way of trade.

The OF will feature at least 2 new players possibly all 3 spots with new guys. I see Renfroe and Margot being dealt with an outside possibility of Myers moving on (though it's going to be tough to move his contract. Franchy should stay, but will have to prove he can stay healthy and play beyond a 4th OF type guy. Names I've heard bandied about are Corey Dickerson, Betts, Starling Marte, Shogo, Mazara, and Kyle Tucker though there could be someone not being talked about who is added. It's going to be a vastly different OF in San Diego in 2020.

2B is also a place they'll look to improve. I believe Urias will be moved and names I'm hearing as possible starters include Villar, Dee Gordon and Whit Merrifield (though the last one seems more of a longshot)

Catcher might be an area they change, but it's likely going to come down to Mejia--If he can prove to be consentient at and behind the plate, they'll go with him--but Hedges is gone.

Hosmer, Machado and Tatis are really the only players (positions) who are automatically penciled in for 2020.

The bullpen outside of Yates and Munoz is up for grabs.

All in all, it should prove to be a fun Off Season for Padre fans and as for fantasy implications--with so much changing in SD, pay close attention as it might impact who you choose to keep 9former, current Padres) or not.

Oh and they're going back to the Brown and Yellow full time this season...……..Time for a New Padres Jersey.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• with all the teams interested in him Gerrit Cole is gonna get a 8 year @$40M contract
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Good stuff, GITH!

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                San Diego Padres off season 2019-2020 or Strange things afoot at the Circle K.

Remember a few years back when the Padres won the off season and not much else? well hang onto your hats because this off season should prove to be even more awe inspiring. AJ Preller (and nearly everyone else remaining from the past couple of years) are under an edict from ownership to get this this years LAST PLACE PADRES into the playoffs in 2020. Everything is on Preller, he got his guy in Tingler as opposed to a more experiences ML manager, he's getting the coaching staff he wants. He's ALL IN.
                                Having to clear 11 guys off the 40 before Monday he's already traded Jankowski and released/DFAd/declined option on Stock, Warren, Loup, Stammen, Erlin and Kennedy. 4 more need to go in some manner before then. I'm expecting guys like Kinsler (who might join the coaching staff), Mejias-brean, Yardley and Martini all of whom are older and only because facilitating a trade of significance right now would be tough.

But there WILL be trading and FAgenting galore.

Here's what I see happening.

Padres will sign one of the top FA TOR arms. Cole, Madbum, Wheeler or Strasburg (should he opt out. There's not any doubt they will go hard after cole and Stras, whether they win the bidding war or not remains to be seen, but they apparently appear to be committed to spending more money--enough to ,move them into a top 10 payroll (they're currently 25th) The rest of the rotation should feature at least Paddack and Richard with one or two of Lamet, Lucchesi and possible Gore. There's also a chance a mid rotation guy could come by way of trade.

The OF will feature at least 2 new players possibly all 3 spots with new guys. I see Renfroe and Margot being dealt with an outside possibility of Myers moving on (though it's going to be tough to move his contract. Franchy should stay, but will have to prove he can stay healthy and play beyond a 4th OF type guy. Names I've heard bandied about are Corey Dickerson, Betts, Starling Marte, Shogo, Mazara, and Kyle Tucker though there could be someone not being talked about who is added. It's going to be a vastly different OF in San Diego in 2020.

2B is also a place they'll look to improve. I believe Urias will be moved and names I'm hearing as possible starters include Villar, Dee Gordon and Whit Merrifield (though the last one seems more of a longshot)

Catcher might be an area they change, but it's likely going to come down to Mejia--If he can prove to be consentient at and behind the plate, they'll go with him--but Hedges is gone.

Hosmer, Machado and Tatis are really the only players (positions) who are automatically penciled in for 2020.

The bullpen outside of Yates and Munoz is up for grabs.

All in all, it should prove to be a fun Off Season for Padre fans and as for fantasy implications--with so much changing in SD, pay close attention as it might impact who you choose to keep 9former, current Padres) or not.

Oh and they're going back to the Brown and Yellow full time this season...……..Time for a New Padres Jersey.
                                Great stuff! Thank you.

It looks like you are confident that they are not trading Yates and he will remain the closer?

Comment

Working...
                                X