Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2K19: San Diego Padres

2K19: San Diego Padres

Yes!! It's here, the thread of eternal hope and eventual disappointment!! Over the next few months and throughout the season I will do my best, with any help my Padre fan cohorts care to offer, to keep you updated on the latest happenings in Friarland. They have a new GM and an ownership that's looking to amend for the dismal roster they have fielded the past 2 seasons. They've added Matt kemp, but they are not done at all. Look for another OF addition either Jay Bruce or Justin Upton and an upgrade to one of the corner slots, probably 1b as I think they prefer Solarte starting at 3b over Alonzo at first if they have that choice. So their Offense could actually be decent and compliment and strong and deep pitching staff which, barring significant losses in trades, should be a top 10 staff top to bottom. It will be hard to outspend or outperform the 250 million dollar disappointment to the North or the Always October gang led by big head Bochy, but a solid above .500 finish seem achievable this year. So fire away with any questions and I'll do my best to get you the best answer possible and btw, Padres are tied for 1st as of today!!

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Any hope for Cory Luebke in 2015? He'll be 14 months removed from TJ surgery.

Glad to have you back, brother. I was feeling a little bit lonely round these parts.

Ed, I wouldn't hold out any hopes for Luebke. He's had some major setbacks on his road back (including a second surgery). He won't be ready by the start of the season and will spend at least the first half in the minors is my guess. Maybe he'll be up for some minimal work ate in the year.

Apparently the Pads and Rays are closing on a deal to send Wil Myers to San Diego!

Hall of Famer
    Congrats to you Pads fans. It looks like an exciting off season with bigger things coming.

Paid 12 for Venable in 2012, he returned 22 bucks.
    froze him last year, worth only 6.

sore back and horrible 1st half; Forecaster has him worth minus 1 in 1st half but worth 16 in 2nd half (.264, 6 HR, 8 SB in under 200 AB).

any shot he worms his way onto my roster again for 12?
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    awful keeper list but August rampage somehow has me expecting to finish 3rd
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Marquez, Samardzija 1, Leake, AWood
    RP Stanek 8, Strickland 1
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Cooper, UT Beaty
    IL: SP Cueto 1, SP Mahle, OF Bruce LD
    minors: OF RDavis

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Paid 12 for Venable in 2012, he returned 22 bucks.
    froze him last year, worth only 6.

sore back and horrible 1st half; Forecaster has him worth minus 1 in 1st half but worth 16 in 2nd half (.264, 6 HR, 8 SB in under 200 AB).

any shot he worms his way onto my roster again for 12?
    That completely depends on how Maybin and he shake out. Right now the SD OF looks like this. Kemp, Upton or Myers in the corners with Smith backing up and then Maybin and Venable slugging it out in center, They still have Quentin in the mix as well. I'd wait until the trade dust settles to see if Venable ior Maybin gets dealt, whomever would be left would have a leg up on the starting gig. If Venable starts, he could easily return to form in a stronger offensive line up in SD.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

wow, that is really quick and really informative!
    makes me wish I had more Padres (checks roster....)

wait, I have Hahn and Quackenbush for 10 apiece.

and for laughs, I still own the remains of Donavan Tate.
    #sigh
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    awful keeper list but August rampage somehow has me expecting to finish 3rd
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Marquez, Samardzija 1, Leake, AWood
    RP Stanek 8, Strickland 1
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Cooper, UT Beaty
    IL: SP Cueto 1, SP Mahle, OF Bruce LD
    minors: OF RDavis

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    wow, that is really quick and really informative!
    makes me wish I had more Padres (checks roster....)

wait, I have Hahn and Quackenbush for 10 apiece.

and for laughs, I still own the remains of Donavan Tate.
    #sigh
    Both have value, Hahn has the potential to be a stud if he gets the chance and Quack could be the closer if Benoit is dealt and they might deal him to clear salary, again another wait until the dust settles situation for you.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hearing that obtaining Myers does not preclude them adding Upton, which means Myers might move to CF.

An OF of Kemp, Myers and Upton sounds like a freaking all star game to a Padre fan........

Martin Luther King, Jr.