2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    correct. Some people are so weak they need to dance a jig when they strike someone out in the first inning of a game in May. Pathetic.
    Haha, a fist pump. Really?

Sorry, I'll get off your lawn while you continue to whine and complain though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Haha, a fist pump. Really?

Sorry, I'll get off your lawn while you continue to whine and complain though.

Haha. May. Really?

Thanks, please leave the newspaper as you leave.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Heh, okay if you say so. A fist pump is now something to take exception to and cry about. What a bunch of fragile, coddled weaklings these players have become.
        perhaps you can guide us in what actions we are and are not allowed to find objectionable.
        you're good with pitchers pumping their fists at early-inning outs in an early May game against a non-division rival, that's fine.

but we all have a line - so do you, admit it or not.

what would a player have to do in such an out-of-spotlight time that would make you object?
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Haha. May. Really?

Thanks, please leave the newspaper as you leave.
          Yes May - let me know where the calendar is to determine what months celebrations are allowed on my way out.

Gotta be careful, can't smile while on the mound either, or the hitters may need to go find their mommies and tell the teacher too. Wahhhhhh

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            perhaps you can guide us in what actions we are and are not allowed to find objectionable.
            you're good with pitchers pumping their fists at early-inning outs in an early May game against a non-division rival, that's fine.

but we all have a line - so do you, admit it or not.

what would a player have to do in such an out-of-spotlight time that would make you object?
            I don't care what players do to celebrate their own achievements, nor should you. Throw your bat, pump your fist, scream. These things have been going on a long time now. I've seen it on EVERY major league team. If you haven't noticed then you are stuck 25 years in the past.

Who cares? Why does it offend you so much when someone celebrates their achievements?

Comment

• OK, lets move past this, honestly I'm much more interested in fantasy baseball information than players acting like petulant children because they can't handle seeing someone celebrate.

Lets get back on topic. Any Padres observations?

Comment

I don't care what players do to celebrate their own achievements, nor should you. Throw your bat, pump your fist, scream. These things have been going on a long time now. I've seen it on EVERY major league team. If you haven't noticed then you are stuck 25 years in the past.

Who cares? Why does it offend you so much when someone celebrates their achievements?
                intriguingly non-responsive.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

intriguingly non-responsive.
                  Reading comprehension fail on your part, I specifically answered your question. Try reading it again.

But apparently you failed to read my request to get back on topic. *sigh*

Comment

Reading comprehension fail on your part, I specifically answered your question. Try reading it again.
                    so crotch-grabbing, middle fingers, and throat-slashing gestures in the first inning of a game in May would be good with you? got it. just "celebrating their achievements," after all, lol.
                    you have limits, I suspect - but you won't admit it. ok, I'm ready to move on, with that duly noted.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Fascinating conversation.

Comment

so crotch-grabbing, middle fingers, and throat-slashing gestures in the first inning of a game in May would be good with you?
                        You keep referencing the fact that it is May as if that's a thing. Seems like you've never played a competitive sport in your life. These guys aren't trying any less now than they are in September. If they were wired like that they wouldn't have made it this far.

But regardless, grab all the crotches you want, I personally don't care. Put up your fingers or slash your throats. Doesn't bother me personally, I'm there for the baseball, I couldn't care less about the outside stuff. If it's against the rules, then penalize (I assume a finger gets you thrown out). Otherwise, this unwritten rules garbage is a waste of my time. It's not interesting to me in any way. I'm not watching baseball so I can regulate how they celebrate, but feel free to waste your time in that manner.

Have you ever watched basketball? They celebrate every point in an 100+ point game more than Paddack did. In every game of the season. Your little hissy fit about a fist pump shows how completely out of touch you are with modern sports.

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        got it. just "celebrating their achievements," after all, lol.
                        Wah.

you have limits, I suspect - but you won't admit it.
                        Within the rules of baseball, nope. Couldn't care less. But thanks for trying to tell me what I personally think. What a colossal waste of time.

ok, I'm ready to move on, with that duly noted.
                        About damn time. Got anything interesting to talk about regarding the Padres now that you are done with that drivel?
                        Last edited by Ken; 05-09-2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          Fascinating conversation.
                          It's petty and immature.

Comment

• I actually think you're both right. I'm not a fan of showmanship and will always prefer humble players who do their job in an understated way -- its one of the reasons Barry Sanders has always been a favorite of mine. He'd rip off one of the most amazing, jaw-dropping runs you'd ever seen and then flip the ball to the ref without celebrating. It's also one of the reasons I prefer someone like Kawhi Leonard to Draymond Green. So I don't love what Paddack is doing. However, I hate the notion of these unwritten rules and players being punished or retaliated against for supposedly breaking them. Again, act however you want - if you don't like it, don't watch it or turn the other cheek. Who cares.

Comment

• I think Paddack is a young intense guy full of testosterone that has the world by the tail at the moment. Pretty head stuff for him....he'll likely be facing some adversity before too long (if he actually is human). In the meantime more power to him for all his success, it really is pretty remarkable. His actions/words are not d-baggish, pretty tame stuff and just part of his gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                                I actually think you're both right. I'm not a fan of showmanship and will always prefer humble players who do their job in an understated way -- its one of the reasons Barry Sanders has always been a favorite of mine. He'd rip off one of the most amazing, jaw-dropping runs you'd ever seen and then flip the ball to the ref without celebrating. It's also one of the reasons I prefer someone like Kawhi Leonard to Draymond Green. So I don't love what Paddack is doing. However, I hate the notion of these unwritten rules and players being punished or retaliated against for supposedly breaking them. Again, act however you want - if you don't like it, don't watch it or turn the other cheek. Who cares.
                                Couldn't have said it better. This is where I am as well. Sanders was also my favorite for that same reason.

Be brash. That's okay. Some people like that.
                                Be humble. That's okay, too. Some people like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X