2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ken rosenthal ‏@ken_rosenthal 9m9 minutes ago
    this is getting weird. #padres official: “still inconclusive on kemp.” is trade in jeopardy? “not yet.”
    wtf...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

is Rivera Rene Rivera? So is the plan for Hanigan to be the starting catcher for the Padres?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        wtf...
        probably just trying to make the Dodgers take on a little more money to not nix the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          is Rivera Rene Rivera? So is the plan for Hanigan to be the starting catcher for the Padres?
          Looks like, unless they have another plan, or decide that Hedges is ready for full time MLB duty.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            If Myers' wrist is 100% I love this deal for the Pads.
            Yeah, I like it for the Nats too. A head scratcher for the Rays. I'd have prefferred the haul from SD. They must really like Souza to give up getting Trea Turner and Joe Ross to land him. Turner has big upside.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Looks like, unless they have another plan, or decide that Hedges is ready for full time MLB duty.
              He is ready on D. His O needs work, but they just acquired massive hitting upgrades. Hedges is an elite defender and caller. He is a great option on a team that can hit him 8th and has enough offensive for once to score runs without him.

Comment

Yet another catcher comes into town as the Pads acquire Derek Norris from the A's.

Comment

so when does Carlos Quentin get traded to the Orioles?

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Both have value, Hahn has the potential to be a stud if he gets the chance and Quack could be the closer if Benoit is dealt and they might deal him to clear salary, again another wait until the dust settles situation for you.
                    He'll get the chance -- for Oakland. I guess the Padres didn't feel the same! But then again, Norris was an All-Star catcher so you gotta give to get.

Comment

So the Padres have added 3 controllable players for prospects, upgrading at Ca, and both corner Of slots. They're not even done yet. I'll get a run down as soon as the smoke clears.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        He'll get the chance -- for Oakland. I guess the Padres didn't feel the same! But then again, Norris was an All-Star catcher so you gotta give to get.
                        Preller seems fine with dealing minor league guys that he didn't have a hand in drafting. Like I stated above they now have an All Star catcher for a great price over then next 3 years. Myers a former ML player of the year and AL Rookie of the year at a cheap cost for the next 4 years and Kemp, an All Star almost MVP, Gold Glove OF for 4 more years at $15 per thanks to the money that was thrown in.

The Padres look like they want to be relevant for once in their history.

I'm lovin it. PLUS I get to talk smack to ElD all season long!!
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Preller seems fine with dealing minor league guys that he didn't have a hand in drafting. Like I stated above they now have an All Star catcher for a great price over then next 3 years. Myers a former ML player of the year and AL Rookie of the year at a cheap cost for the next 4 years and Kemp, an All Star almost MVP, Gold Glove OF for 4 more years at $15 per thanks to the money that was thrown in.

The Padres look like they want to be relevant for once in their history.

I'm lovin it. PLUS I get to talk smack to ElD all season long!!
                          It's great that the Padres are finally showing some signs of life. Good for you guys. Oh, and the Kemp trade is complete as well.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            And wait....the Padres now have three catchers. Federowicz is out of options, iirc, so they'd be exposing him to waivers if they try to demote him.
                            losing federowicz to waivers wouldn't be the worst thing ever to happen...
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Like I said, they can deal a catcher and a couple of OFs and still be better for it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

.and Kemp, an All Star almost MVP, Gold Glove OF for 4 more years at $15 per thanks to the money that was thrown in.
                                oh how the times have changed

Comment

Working...
                                X