2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    OK, I'll bite, who would those pitchers be? Something compelling enough to get Upton?
    First, the Braves are trying to dump his salary so it wouldn't take much--I had heard a guy like Wisler might do it, but i've heard he or Burch smith might be going to TB for myers so they also have the following available......Fried, Alvarez, Hahn, Erlin, J Ross, Eflin in addition to whomever doesn't go to Tampa in Burch Smith or Wilser. Plus they could deal Cashner or Ross if the Braves included Gattis. They also have Casey Kelly who should be ready to go this spring. Are any of those to your liking? I'm syure the Braves could find one for a guy who they need to move along with his 15 million contract.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Looking like Myers to Seattle and Taijuan Walker to the Pads in a 3-team deal.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Looking like Myers to Seattle and Taijuan Walker to the Pads in a 3-team deal.
        Which was just shot down by Jason Churchill lol
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

OK so now I hear it's the Reds and that the Padres end up with both Bruce and Myers with Hedges and others going to Tampa and pitching going to the Reds.

Love being a Padre fan right now........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            First, the Braves are trying to dump his salary so it wouldn't take much--I had heard a guy like Wisler might do it, but i've heard he or Burch smith might be going to TB for myers so they also have the following available......Fried, Alvarez, Hahn, Erlin, J Ross, Eflin in addition to whomever doesn't go to Tampa in Burch Smith or Wilser. Plus they could deal Cashner or Ross if the Braves included Gattis. They also have Casey Kelly who should be ready to go this spring. Are any of those to your liking? I'm syure the Braves could find one for a guy who they need to move along with his 15 million contract.
            I don't see any of those guys other than Wistler (who's rumored to the Rays) being enough to get Upton. It makes more sense for the Braves to wait and deal him during the season than to settle for secondary prospects, IMO. Plus, aren't a couple of those guys you mentioned supposedly in the Kemp deal?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I don't see any of those guys other than Wistler (who's rumored to the Rays) being enough to get Upton. It makes more sense for the Braves to wait and deal him during the season than to settle for secondary prospects, IMO. Plus, aren't a couple of those guys you mentioned supposedly in the Kemp deal?
              really?? both Tyson Ross and Cashner are beyond the value of a one year Upton.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

really?? both Tyson Ross and Cashner are beyond the value of a one year Upton.
                Right, but you stated that those guys would be in play if Gattis was included...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

OK so now I hear it's the Reds and that the Padres end up with both Bruce and Myers with Hedges and others going to Tampa and pitching going to the Reds.

Love being a Padre fan right now........
                  Now it's the Nationals getting involved. Sounds like the entire league will be in on this deal.

Comment

Both have value, Hahn has the potential to be a stud if he gets the chance and Quack could be the closer if Benoit is dealt and they might deal him to clear salary, again another wait until the dust settles situation for you.
                    I freaking love this kid (Hahn). His stuff is filthy and I am glad that they took the cautious route with him (and will again this year from what I hear)

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Now it's the Nationals getting involved. Sounds like the entire league will be in on this deal.
                      I hear they've sent Padre envoys to Cuba with Obama to be first in line for the new Cuban pipeline!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Right, but you stated that those guys would be in play if Gattis was included...
                        Which I think he will be if they deal for him, I just don't see Uptons value at 15 mil for one year then walking warrent much for a team like the Padres who seem to be building to conend down the road as well as this season.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          I would be super stoked if the Padres traded for Justin Upton. A one year deal for an underperforming outfielder at the cost of elite prospects is exactly the kind of foolish behavior I have come to know and love from the hapless stepchildren out of San Diego.
                          Sounds like you're getting scared.............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I would be super stoked if the Padres traded for Justin Upton. A one year deal for an underperforming outfielder at the cost of elite prospects is exactly the kind of foolish behavior I have come to know and love from the hapless stepchildren out of San Diego.
                            .270/29/102 with a 133 OPS+ is underperforming [in 2014]?

Comment

To clarify, while I didn't like the return for the Dodgers on the Kemp deal, the Padres were probably the very last team on earth that should have been trading for him in the first place. Shitty defender, cavernous park, wrong side of 30, huge contract....[/url]
                              It's easy to criticize but the Pads are in a bind -- they can't sign FA hitters without overpaying and their minors lack the immediate talent they desire to be competitive. That leaves trades and the Kemp trade brought in a good hitter with a lot of star power. Kemp makes the team funner and more exciting to watch and that has to have an impact on the bottom line. I'm personally enjoying what I've seen this off season from this team.

Comment

Looks like it's getting done...a 3 way with the Nats. SOME of the pieces are Trea Turner and Joe Ross going to the Nats, Myers and bits coming to the Pads, and the Rays getting Souza and a bag of magic beans back. I like what Washington gets here...Pads get the bat they need...

ETA: Trade: WSH gets Joe Ross PTNL (Turner): SD gets Myers, Castillo, Hanigan & Gerardo Reyes; TB gets Butch, Smith, Ott, Bauers, Rivera,Souza
                                Last edited by Hornsby; 12-17-2014, 06:01 PM.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X