Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2K19: San Diego Padres

Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Hearing that obtaining Myers does not preclude them adding Upton, which means Myers might move to CF.

An OF of Kemp, Myers and Upton sounds like a freaking all star game to a Padre fan........
    The Pads simply don't have enough assets to add both players...I'm still shocked that they ended up with Kemp for a bag of magic beans.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Big Leaguer
    So where does Rymer Liriano fit into all these acquisitions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    The Pads simply don't have enough assets to add both players...I'm still shocked that they ended up with Kemp for a bag of magic beans.
    I have to disagree, If it is indeed Hedges and Wisler to TB for Myers, they have a lot of controllable pitching to send to ATL for a one year rental of Upton. The going price has been one arm and an additional prospect/player.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have to disagree, If it is indeed Hedges and Wisler to TB for Myers, they have a lot of controllable pitching to send to ATL for a one year rental of Upton. The going price has been one arm and an additional prospect/player.
    OK, I'll bite, who would those pitchers be? Something compelling enough to get Upton?

-Warren Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    So where does Rymer Liriano fit into all these acquisitions?
    Liriano will start in AAA if they indeed add these guys with him moving into the mix if Upton doesn't re-sign in 2015 or if they move 2 of quentin, venable, smith and/or maybin he could make the roster as a 5th OF like I said this is all up in the air until the dominos fall, but Preller is a wild card as GM and looking to make an immediate impact. he's been very aggressive so far already making offers to both Sandoval and tomas and then grabbing Kemp, so nothing wi;; shock me going forward with the exception of standing pat.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    OK, I'll bite, who would those pitchers be? Something compelling enough to get Upton?
    First, the Braves are trying to dump his salary so it wouldn't take much--I had heard a guy like Wisler might do it, but i've heard he or Burch smith might be going to TB for myers so they also have the following available......Fried, Alvarez, Hahn, Erlin, J Ross, Eflin in addition to whomever doesn't go to Tampa in Burch Smith or Wilser. Plus they could deal Cashner or Ross if the Braves included Gattis. They also have Casey Kelly who should be ready to go this spring. Are any of those to your liking? I'm syure the Braves could find one for a guy who they need to move along with his 15 million contract.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Looking like Myers to Seattle and Taijuan Walker to the Pads in a 3-team deal.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Looking like Myers to Seattle and Taijuan Walker to the Pads in a 3-team deal.
    Which was just shot down by Jason Churchill lol

Martin Luther King, Jr.

OK so now I hear it's the Reds and that the Padres end up with both Bruce and Myers with Hedges and others going to Tampa and pitching going to the Reds.

Love being a Padre fan right now........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

First, the Braves are trying to dump his salary so it wouldn't take much--I had heard a guy like Wisler might do it, but i've heard he or Burch smith might be going to TB for myers so they also have the following available......Fried, Alvarez, Hahn, Erlin, J Ross, Eflin in addition to whomever doesn't go to Tampa in Burch Smith or Wilser. Plus they could deal Cashner or Ross if the Braves included Gattis. They also have Casey Kelly who should be ready to go this spring. Are any of those to your liking? I'm syure the Braves could find one for a guy who they need to move along with his 15 million contract.
    I don't see any of those guys other than Wistler (who's rumored to the Rays) being enough to get Upton. It makes more sense for the Braves to wait and deal him during the season than to settle for secondary prospects, IMO. Plus, aren't a couple of those guys you mentioned supposedly in the Kemp deal?

-Warren Ellis