Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 959

Thread: 2K19: San Diego Padres

  1. #11
    All Star Hornsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of Darkness
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Hearing that obtaining Myers does not preclude them adding Upton, which means Myers might move to CF.

    An OF of Kemp, Myers and Upton sounds like a freaking all star game to a Padre fan........
    The Pads simply don't have enough assets to add both players...I'm still shocked that they ended up with Kemp for a bag of magic beans.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

    "Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

  2. #12
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,129
    So where does Rymer Liriano fit into all these acquisitions?

  3. #13
    Big Leaguer GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    The Pads simply don't have enough assets to add both players...I'm still shocked that they ended up with Kemp for a bag of magic beans.
    I have to disagree, If it is indeed Hedges and Wisler to TB for Myers, they have a lot of controllable pitching to send to ATL for a one year rental of Upton. The going price has been one arm and an additional prospect/player.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  4. #14
    All Star Hornsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of Darkness
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I have to disagree, If it is indeed Hedges and Wisler to TB for Myers, they have a lot of controllable pitching to send to ATL for a one year rental of Upton. The going price has been one arm and an additional prospect/player.
    OK, I'll bite, who would those pitchers be? Something compelling enough to get Upton?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

    "Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

  5. #15
    Big Leaguer GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    So where does Rymer Liriano fit into all these acquisitions?
    Liriano will start in AAA if they indeed add these guys with him moving into the mix if Upton doesn't re-sign in 2015 or if they move 2 of quentin, venable, smith and/or maybin he could make the roster as a 5th OF like I said this is all up in the air until the dominos fall, but Preller is a wild card as GM and looking to make an immediate impact. he's been very aggressive so far already making offers to both Sandoval and tomas and then grabbing Kemp, so nothing wi;; shock me going forward with the exception of standing pat.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. #16
    Big Leaguer GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    OK, I'll bite, who would those pitchers be? Something compelling enough to get Upton?
    First, the Braves are trying to dump his salary so it wouldn't take much--I had heard a guy like Wisler might do it, but i've heard he or Burch smith might be going to TB for myers so they also have the following available......Fried, Alvarez, Hahn, Erlin, J Ross, Eflin in addition to whomever doesn't go to Tampa in Burch Smith or Wilser. Plus they could deal Cashner or Ross if the Braves included Gattis. They also have Casey Kelly who should be ready to go this spring. Are any of those to your liking? I'm syure the Braves could find one for a guy who they need to move along with his 15 million contract.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  7. #17
    Administrator revo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    fuggedabboutit
    Posts
    18,222
    Looking like Myers to Seattle and Taijuan Walker to the Pads in a 3-team deal.

  8. #18
    Big Leaguer GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Looking like Myers to Seattle and Taijuan Walker to the Pads in a 3-team deal.
    Which was just shot down by Jason Churchill lol
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  9. #19
    Big Leaguer GwynnInTheHall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    4,882
    OK so now I hear it's the Reds and that the Padres end up with both Bruce and Myers with Hedges and others going to Tampa and pitching going to the Reds.

    Love being a Padre fan right now........
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  10. #20
    All Star Hornsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of Darkness
    Posts
    9,504
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    First, the Braves are trying to dump his salary so it wouldn't take much--I had heard a guy like Wisler might do it, but i've heard he or Burch smith might be going to TB for myers so they also have the following available......Fried, Alvarez, Hahn, Erlin, J Ross, Eflin in addition to whomever doesn't go to Tampa in Burch Smith or Wilser. Plus they could deal Cashner or Ross if the Braves included Gattis. They also have Casey Kelly who should be ready to go this spring. Are any of those to your liking? I'm syure the Braves could find one for a guy who they need to move along with his 15 million contract.
    I don't see any of those guys other than Wistler (who's rumored to the Rays) being enough to get Upton. It makes more sense for the Braves to wait and deal him during the season than to settle for secondary prospects, IMO. Plus, aren't a couple of those guys you mentioned supposedly in the Kemp deal?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

    "Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •