Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Now that's what i call beast mode wow!
    Ugh. That run may have cost me a league title. Now I need 10.06 from Conor Barth tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      WEEK 17
      all divisional games

SUN EARLY
      LIONS 11-4 at PACKERS 11-4 for division title
      PANTHERS 6-8-1 at FALCONS 6-9 for division title
      BENGALS 9-4-1* at STEELERS 10-5
      CHARGERS 9-6 at CHIEFS 8-7
      Browns 7-8 at RAVENS 9-6
      COWBOYS 11-4 at Redskins 4-11
      Bills 8-7 at PATRIOTS 12-3
      Jaguars 3-12 at TEXANS 8-7
      COLTS 10-5 at Titans 2-13

Eagles 9-6 at Giants 6-9
      Jets 3-12 at Dolphins 8-7
      Bears 5-10 at Vikings 6-9
      Saints 6-9 at Buccaneers 2-13

SUN LATER
      CARDINALS 11-4 at 49ers 7-8
      Raiders 3-12 at BRONCOS 11-3*
      Rams 6-9 at SEAHAWKS 11-4
      The Steelers/Bengals game has been flexed to Sunday Night.
      14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
      RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
      WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
      TE: Olsen (NA)
      K: Lutz (7)
      DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        One modest warning about Beckham - not hard to get under his skin, and he's a chirper himself. He should have gotten a PF for taunting after a catch, then after a short TD he did get one for celebrating right next to a couple of STL defenders.

In 2nd qtr, late hit OB PI by Rams led to more stuff, including Beckham tossing ball at defender, and multiple ejections. Rams are chippy anyway, and the word is out that the 15 yards might be worth it. I found it striking that he got hit OB in the Dallas game, then flopped. unimpressed ref picked up flag, and I think even used the word "flop."

Of course, the massive talent is a plus, lol
        Yeah, the kid has a little bit of an edge to him, but don't all great players? Even Jerry Rice had his moments. And, to be fair, the Rams are the most penalized team in the NFL (by yards) and their game plan was to get in OBJ's bizness. Howd' that work out for them? And, I think there might have been a bit of over exaggeration on the "floP' in the Dallas game, but that WAS a late hit our of bounds and still deserved a penalty.

This guy is crazy, insane. Check out his catches from yesterday. Note the first one, if you blink you'll miss how amazing it is - reaching up and stabbing it out of the air like it was nothing...

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

agreed on Beckham and the Rams; the fact that the ref basically undid the legit penalty due to the melodrama really struck me. I do expect a LOT of WRs to use that same glove next year. Darren Rovell of ESPN, an average-sized guy, noted that while he can't palm a basketball, he was able to do it with two FINGERS using that glove. Worth exploring how many WRs already use those gloves, to sense if others can't do what he can with the same equipment (could be).

scenarios here. Texans (!) in with W and Ls by SD and BAL

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

A good friend of my brother is a football coach at a high profile school here in the area. He brought home some samples of the gloves for us to play around with. In short, it is ridiculous. I was able to catch many throws with one hand and actually found I could throw the ball better with the glove on my throwing hand.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Since joining RJ, I now actively root against the Giants. I'm sure part of that was due to that fat, racist piece of shit whatshisname that got banned from here....

That said, who's the MVP this year? Looked for a while like Aaron Rodgers was running away with it, but how about that Tony Romo guy? He's been amazing.

JJ Watt gets my vote (not that I actually get a vote or anyone gives a shit) but the guy has single-handedly kept the Texans in the playoff picture. Pretty sure the thought of having Watt in his face all day made Flacco crap his jokeys before the game even started.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                That said, who's the MVP this year? Looked for a while like Aaron Rodgers was running away with it, but how about that Tony Romo guy? He's been amazing.
                Big Ben has to get some consideration although I don't think that he'll win it. He's having his best statistical season and has the Steelers back into the playoffs with a chance next week to win the AFC North Division. The Steelers wouldn't have 10 wins this season without Ben.
                14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
                RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
                WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
                TE: Olsen (NA)
                K: Lutz (7)
                DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Omigod, that was a killer missed FG. I need all of five pts for a title with Barth, Green and Demaryius, and this was a very poor quarter for that trio.

Comment

I would vote for JJ Watt. not sure of the deadline in FB for ballots, but HOU in playoffs if they win and SD and BAL lose

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

UPDATED

PLAYOFFS
                      scenarios not counting ties

AFC

- NEP won division and 1st seed

- DEN won division.

- IND won division.

- CIN won playoff spot.

- PIT won playoff spot.

x-Patriots 12-3
                      Bengals 10-4-1*
                      x-Colts 10-5
                      x-Broncos 11-4
                      Wild card leaders: y-Steelers 10-5, Chargers 9-6, Ravens 9-6, Texans 8-7, Chiefs 8-7 [Dolphins 8-7, Bills 8-7]

NFC

- DAL won division title.

- ARI won playoff spot.

- DET won playoff spot.

- GBP won playoff spot.

- SEA won playoff spot.

x-Cowboys 11-4
                      y-Lions 11-4
                      Panthers 6-8-1 (sigh)
                      y-Seahawks 11-4
                      Others: y-Packers 11-4, y-Cardinals 11-4, Falcons 6-9 (sigh)

CHASING BEST DRAFT PICKS
                      Jaguars, Raiders, Redskins won and Jets came thisclose
                      2-13 - Titans, Buccaneers
                      3-12 - Jaguars, Jets, Raiders
                      4-11 - Redskins
                      5-10 - Bears
                      Last edited by Judge Jude; 12-23-2014, 01:01 AM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

WEEK 17
                        all divisional games

SUN EARLY
                        LIONS 11-4 at PACKERS 11-4 for division title
                        PANTHERS 6-8-1 at FALCONS 6-9 for division title
                        CHARGERS 9-6 at CHIEFS 8-7
                        Browns 7-8 at RAVENS 9-6
                        COWBOYS 11-4 at Redskins 4-11
                        Bills 8-7 at PATRIOTS 12-3
                        Jaguars 3-12 at TEXANS 8-7
                        COLTS 10-5 at Titans 2-13

Eagles 9-6 at Giants 6-9
                        Jets 3-12 at Dolphins 8-7
                        Bears 5-10 at Vikings 6-9
                        Saints 6-9 at Buccaneers 2-13

SUN LATER
                        CARDINALS 11-4 at 49ers 7-8
                        Raiders 3-12 at BRONCOS 11-4
                        Rams 6-9 at SEAHAWKS 11-4

SUN NITE
                        BENGALS 10-4-1 at STEELERS 10-5 for division title

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Peyton Manning has 6 INTs and 3 TDs in his last 3 games. Something is clearly wrong here, either with him physically or with the Broncos, who needed a 6-man line most of the night which didn't lead to any great success. I'm downgrading the Broncos chances this season.

Comment

well, he had three picks in the fourth quarter of a basically irrelevant game against a team that needed the win in a cold rain. That does make it tough.

I won my championship by the margin of CJ Anderson getting tripped up on that run from the 50 with a minute left.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              well, he had three picks in the fourth quarter of a basically irrelevant game against a team that needed the win in a cold rain. That does make it tough.

I won my championship by the margin of CJ Anderson getting tripped up on that run from the 50 with a minute left.
                              I won because of what CJ Anderson did. Beat the other guy by 1.7 pts while getting zero points from AJ Green and Dwayne Allen and benching Russell Wilson over Matt Ryan.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post

Same here - ended up losing by one point.

Comment

Working...
                                X