Sports Reference Sponsorships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Reference Sponsorships

I sent this letter off last night to Sports Reference as a potential idea for sponsoring pages. The response I received follows. I just feel the point of my letter was completely missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >It's really a shame you have the system you do for sponsorship pages. I understand that players that receive more hits you believe deserve a higher price tag for sponsorship, but after sponsoring Matt Adams for 1 year at $25, I saw the price tag for his page increase nearly 8 times.
    >
    >It's a business decision. I get that.
    >
    >But here his page remains unsponsored...and I don't believe his page has been sponsored since my sponsorship ran out in June of 2013. I'm still willing to sponsor his page, but at $190 there is no way.
    >
    >Have you ever thought of running a sort of Personal Sponsorship program for folks who don't want to use your page to promote a business? The thousands of pages you could allow for year long sponsorships at a discounted rate...maybe even let the individual choose the amount they wish to donate to sports reference in exchange for a page sponsorship.
    >
    >Perhaps if a page sits unsponsored for more than 3 months, maybe allow individuals to sponsor. You can have them choose their message, have it reviewed for "business references", rejected if it contains a business message, and lock it for the year if approved.
    >
    >It's really a missed opportunity, as I would have continued with a $25 sponsorship of Matt Adams page for the last 2 years...a $50 loss for your organization.
    >
    >I feel bad his page isn't sponsored...he's a proud Rocket from Slippery Rock University, just as I am. But at $190, all I can do is just hope his page is sponsored.
    >
    >I just wonder if you ran a program like this, how many thousands of dollars more you would have each year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you think this is unfair. We appreciate your feedback.

Best,

Mike
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Let me translate
    Eat a bag of dicks!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X