exceelent anything else ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exceelent anything else ...

went to The Book of Mormon last night - absolutely hysterical. The Scary Mormon Hell Dream sequence is brilliant. if you get the chance ... and aren't Mormon ... I highly recommend it.

an excerpt:

JESUS:
    You blamed your brother for eating the donut,
    and now you walk out on your mission companion?! You're a DICK!

ELDER PRICE:
    Jesus, I\'m sorry!

CHORUS:
    Jesus hates you, this we know!
    For Jesus just told you so!
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

This is coming to Salt Lake next year. Really looking forward to it but very surprised the promoters booked it here. A couple of my LDS friends have said they are going so it will be interesting to see if they like it.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
      This is coming to Salt Lake next year. Really looking forward to it but very surprised the promoters booked it here. A couple of my LDS friends have said they are going so it will be interesting to see if they like it.
      wow. will be very interesting to see how it's received. there's no way to spin it, it's really ruthless.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

So, I saw some great theatre on the weekend - shakespeare no less. Stratford Ontario has a shakespeare festival every year and it's first rate. They are running a play this year that I hadn't even heard of as one of his - Coriolanus.

It's a long traditional play, but made extremely accessible through some really creative techniques. The intro which is traditionally a speech in front of the masses is done as talk radio, with a discussion amongst the key players, and callers into the show representing comments from the crowd.

There's a later segment which apparently is a rather dry discussion, which is done as a texting discussion.

I'm constantly amazed at the ability of live theatre to evoke emotion like no other medium. To paraphrase someone I heard recently, if you see only one live theatre show this year ... you should see more live theatre.

NYTimes review

Comment

I think it's so "exceelent" that my inability to spell has lived this long.

Comment

Working...
          X