No announcement yet.

2014-2015 Highball Commentary Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014-2015 Highball Commentary Thread...

Alright, Might as well stat to the the part going for a new season. Still waiting on Ryno and B-Fly to respond, I haven't seen either guy post for quite some time, so they may be gone. But we're getting new blood in, good owners in Rick and Andy, and if nobody opposes it, I have a couple of folks I work with that are interested. Love to have 12 teams, but we've played with fewer before, so it's no big deal to me as long as we have at least 10 teams.

If anyone is interested in joining, let me know...either way we'll have a dispersal draft for the new teams to select their keepers in the next several days.

Any rules changes that folks are interested in implementing before the year stats? Should we go back to standard yahoo scoring for simplicity sake, or does someone have any ideas on ANY subject? I'm all ears...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Given the league start date I am unsure we can make any keeper or league setting changes (scoring or otherwise) at this point. Such changes will takes weeks to decide and we will need to get the draft started in the near future. Also given a lot of people aren't posting yet we may not get enough "votes" to figure it out for 14/15. I suggest we open the conversations during the first 1/3rd of the season while folks are still paying attention but the league has not been decided of yet.

As to new people - I don't have anyone. I am pro Rick and Andy and have no issues with you bringing in some co-workers. Also prefer 12 teams if we can get there.

Dispersal draft: Two approaches possible IMO. One, the new folks pick from the dispersed teams. Two, the news folks pick from all players left not kept. I can't recall how we did it last time - I believe it was #2 but haven't looked it up. If #2 it appears a few of my guys may get scooped! I have no issues with that. Let the new folks be as enable as possible is my opinion.

Idea on ANY subject: let's work to get the draft order set in short order (this week?) and a draft start date (next Monday?) established (also a keeper submission date between the draft order and draft start). Get the ball rolling and let people prepare for the keeper selections and draft.

Comment

Actually, one rule change I would like to propose (now or later) as it seems to make sense to me is something like this:

Between season end and keeper selection due date owners may trade players on their roster.

Now I get that this may be problematic with folks potentially trading players they can't keep. A disgruntled owner may take advantage of this?

Something like: All players in post season trade must be either kept or subsequently traded for players that must be kept under the existing keeper rules.

Edit: the clause then may result in reversed trade ramifications ...

Blech. Is it obvious this is my only fantasy league now? Thinking way too much ...

Comment

Alright, good points Simon...we'll take them up when everyone checks in.

That said, please check in so we can get the ball rolling...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Checking in...

Comment

checking in...

I smell Hornsby.....runs away
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

LOL...thanks.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

who, what?
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  who, what?
                  Typical...still has winners hangover.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

1.01. Bill Cartwright, C, Chi

Comment

1.02 Marc Iavaroni, PF, Sixers
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Alright, We've got 10 teams in yahoo now...do we want to continue to try to get to 12, or just do this year with 10? We do need to get started soon, so I'd like feedback ASAP...thanks.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

For the new folks who'll check in...do I have the departed teams correct? Did I miss anything?

Here's the link to last years final rosters... http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...807/lastseason

Keepers:
                          Anyone after the 3rd round can be kept. Their previous year keeper round is reduced by 3 for the 14/15 season. FA pickups can be kept for a 15th rounder...for example, I picked up Dieng late last year and I'll probably keep him for a 15th round cost.

The teams that you'll pick from are J's Hawks, JimBobCousy, Ryno's RR, JonCarlos Boozers, and I believe Marlee's Belles. I'll have to double check on that.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Agreed. Need to start soon.

Comment

Is there a cost? If not, I wouldn't mind joining in. Been a bit since I've played Fantasy Basketball.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X