No announcement yet.

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by Bene Futuis; 03-16-2022, 01:31 PM.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Apparently Russia’s chains of supply are so poor, they’re actually ferrying troops by ship from Western Russia to the Ukraine theater, as if this was 1915.

Comment

• A quick story about what it's like for one family trying desperately to survive. Definite trigger warning - please be forewarned:

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• my understanding is no military in the world can engage the US. because you make a lot of mistakes. and you learn from them. and you have a financial budget 100% over your GDP. no-one is going to fuck you with then. when you are bankrupt and powerful.

sure, Russia could launch forever nuclear-powered torpedo's.

if you think about it, the world is willing to let us finance our own bankruptcy to protect it. which is reassuring. it's all about power. and no-one has the coordination or sophistication to beat us militarily. because we have learned from our mistakes more than our adversaries have ever made.

one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic. and conventional warfare is a dream compared to an apocalypse

there is a correlation to a military strength and it's economy. and it's experience. obviously Russia has fucked up. it hasn't lost. yet. but it has clearly underestimated NATO.

Comment

• so it's a choice, allow the eastern part of Ukraine to be taken by Russia, and then have Ukraine join NATO. or defend the eastern part and force regime change in Russia.

it's crazy. it's a remote chance, but if Russia loses, it gets absorbed by the Ukraine.

remaking maps. it would be informative to know who made the remapping of the world.

i blame John Lennon. all those moons going around the planet Jupiter is a perfect carousel.

i found 8 gallons of rum today. it's not a good thing.

Comment

• it's fun living in the most powerful country in the world isn't it? what happens someday if it isn't. are you going to be like Sri Lanka where 120% of GDP causes 20% rise in food prices.

Comment

• when Zelensky goes on TV. he's basically lobbying to Join NATO ASAP.

everybody is trigger happy. and the only good thing i used to say is everybody has everything they want. that is why there hasn't been a really major war yet. but China wants Taiwan and Russia wants Ukraine.

somebody always wants something.

Comment

• Russia embarrassed themselves the fact they couldn't take Kyiv, i mean Ukraine is big but, this is what they mean by a 'tested army'.

Comment

• you have to wonder how close this is to a world war.

so lets review.

no.. every adversary has everything they want. it's like wolves in a pack, there is a hierarchy and you accept your position.

this is another problem with a virus. it's a game of numbers. the communists are considered expendable by their government,. while we spend our way into bankruptcy to save our citizens. -btw that's called a misguided right intentions path to hell analogy for you do-gooders out there.

thus. China and Russia fucked us. and it's now playing out in the Ukraine, and soon Taiwan.

Comment

• my thoughts are my own. i jump to my conclusions while drunk. and i scroll.

you wouldn't like me when i really scroll. if i had to i could find the original scrolls for the american online program AOHell. surprisingly that scroller worked in universal formats.

you guys don't even know what scrolling is

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                        my thoughts are my own. i jump to my conclusions while drunk. and i scroll.

you wouldn't like me when i really scroll. if i had to i could find the original scrolls for the american online program AOHell. surprisingly that scroller worked in universal formats.

you guys don't even know what scrolling is
                        Scrolling is just an updated Skinner Box for humans.

Comment

• war is horrible.

Russia putting a flagship in range of a surface to surface ground based missile and losing it.

every time they harassed ground based US forces in Syria driving along side, Russia thought they were hot shits.

clearly war has changed. it's long distance. tanks and ships can't defeat these missiles. Israel, they have things on their tanks that shoot incoming ordinance. they are way a head, but still those javelin missiles are lethal.

the Kurds had a few of them. took out a few M1A1's left behind the Iraqi's used in minor skirmishes.

Comment

• Yesterday the Russians suffered their worst one day defeat since WWII, in trying to cross the Donets in broad daylight at an obvious crossing point. Estimates of 500 dead, 6 tanks, 21 mechanized vehicles, and nearly 50 others vehicles were destroyed.

Additionally, the Russians are still using cellphones with Russian SIM cards, enabling Ukrainian cellphone towers to pinpoint their exact location.

Plus, American sanctions have taken its obvious toll — they’re resorting to using chips from microwaves and washing machines in their military equipment.

The ineptness of the Russian military and their tactics has been viewed on the world stage and has been a complete embarrassment.

Comment

• Has anyone seen this? I would not have believed it if it was not on video. Former President George W. Bush: “The decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq. I mean of Ukraine.”

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...TczBGM9zg&s=03

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Has anyone seen this? I would not have believed it if it was not on video. Former President George W. Bush: “The decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq. I mean of Ukraine.”

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...TczBGM9zg&s=03
                                Yeah, saw that yesterday. Just sad
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X