14 Team PPR Redraft, HDID...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Team PPR Redraft, HDID...

This is my school league, it is always interesting as this is a mix of people that pay attention and people that just go with the yahoo default rankings. A side story about last night, we were scheduled to start at 8:15 EST. About 8 of us get together at a house and it is 30 minutes before the draft and there is still no link to get into the chat room. I check all the commish settings and everything looks right. We watch the clock wind down and the draft never starts. I have to reschedule the draft for 11 PM, the next available slot. We get on twitter and find out that yahoo's servers have in fact crashed and were the problem. So this sucked quite a bit. It also led to me drinking for 3 hours before the draft instead of 30 minutes. At least the servers worked at 11. I drafted from the 6th slot, here's what I got...

1.06 Calvin Johnson - McCoy, Charles, AP, Forte, and Lacy went 1-5. It was Calvin or Graham for me here.

2.09 Julio Jones - I got pretty lucky here, I really like Julio and there was no one else I liked nearly as much on the board.

3.06 Reggie Bush - I so wanted to take Gronk, the value was with Gronk, but I couldn't skip on RB as much as I wanted to.

4.09 Jordan Cameron - Graham, Thomas and Gronk were now gone and I really like Cameron. Joique Bell and Gerhart were options here, but I went with Jordan.

5.06 Shane Vereen - I had two great WR's and I don't believe in going after QB's early even though this league always does. So that meant I wanted a RB and it was Vereen, Sankey or Ray Rice. Shane it is.

6.09 Emmanuel Sanders - A lot of people are high on Sanders, I'm not totally sold, but as a WR3 in a 14 team league I am ok with that.

7.06 Pierre Thomas - Another PPR style RB for my team. At this point it was Thomas/S-Jax/ or Sproles. I am hoping Thomas role in the receiving game really amps up this year.

8.09 Russel Wilson - I got him as the 15th qb off the board and I am quite happy with that. I would have liked to have waited one more round, but it was down to Wilson and Cutler as guys who I wanted as my weekly starter. I didn't want to risk more people just taking a backup name qb because they don't know anyone else.

9.06 Justin Hunter - I feel like I could have waited another round or two with this group, but I didn't want to risk it. The upside is very high.

10.09 Jordan Matthews - I am betting on Chip Kelly giving this guy some PPR value.

11.06 Ryan Tannehill - The Fins have the Raiders during the Seahawks bye and Tannehill was the top ranked QB I had left.

12.09 Darren McFadden - He isn't that old and if...

13.06 New England Defense/ST- They look good to me and that division isn't that great.

14.09 Jonathan Stewart - He isn't that old and if...

15.06 Blair Walsh - He kicks the ball.

So here's what it looks like...

QB Russell Wilson
    RB Reggie Bush
    RB Shane Vereen
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR Julio Jones
    TE Jordan Cameron
    Flex Pierre Thomas/Emmanuel Sanders
    D/ST New England
    K Blair Walsh

Bench
    Ryan Tannehill
    Justin Hunter
    Jordan Mathews
    Darren McFadden
    Jonthan Stewart

How did I do?
    Last edited by frae; 08-25-2014, 01:28 PM.

Crushed it . Only downside for me is I'm not a Pierre Thomas guy and kind of agree with you about Sanders. Superb job

Comment

I targeted Julio Jones and Jordan Cameron this season ... for what that's worth. Johnson and Jones could be an epic partnership if Jones picks up from where he left off last year.

Comment

I think that you've built a solid roster for a 14 team PPR league. At first glance I'm a little worried about your RBs but once you factor in that this is a PPR league I think that you'll be ok. Obviously you have 2 stud WRs to anchor your team. Plus Sanders as a WR3 is nice and Hunter & Matthews give you some upside depth. If either of these guys live up to projections it will give you some trade bait.

I'm not completely sold on your QBs but Wilson has been running and throwing the ball extremely well in the pre-season. Tannehill has also looked pretty good so far. Since you waited so long to grab your starting QB, I think Wilson should leave you in decent shape.

Bottom line is that this is a good team in a 14 team league. Good luck my friend.
        14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
        RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
        WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
        TE: Olsen (NA)
        K: Lutz (7)
        DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

I agree with the others.

This is a very solid team for a 14-team league.

Wilson will do the job.

Great job, Scooter!

Comment

I did a 2nd 14 team PPR draft this weekend and wanted some feedback. In this league you can keep two, mine were C Patterson and P Garcon. I drew the 1st pick in the draft. Here is how it went...

1.01 L McCoy
            2.12 CJ Spiller
            3.01 Michael Crabtree
            4.12 Andrew Luck
            5.01 Kyle Rudolph
            6.12 Lamar Miller
            7.01 Rueben Randle
            8.12 Ben Roethlisberger
            9.01 Andre Williams
            10.12 Travis Kelce
            11.01 Cody Latimer
            12.12 James White
            13.01 Justin Tucker
            14.12 Chicago Bears

Keepers Patterson and Garcon

Lineup

QB Andrew Luck
            RB LeSean McCoy
            RB CJ Spiller
            WR P Garcon
            WR C Patterson
            FLEX M Crabtree
            TE K Rudolph
            DEF CHI
            K J Tucker

BENCH
            Lamar Miller
            Rueben Randle
            Ben Roethlisberger
            Andre Williams
            Travis Kelce
            Cody Latimer
            James White

Spiller/Miller are concerns. I need one to be a solid RB 2. I like my WR depth and was very happy to get Luck when I did considering some QB's were kept and others had gone off the board quite early. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comment

Love your QBs for a 14 team league. Obviously love McCoy. You don't have a stud WR but as a group, you're pretty solid. Garcon, Patterson & Crabtree should do fine. As you know, your RB2 is a little iffy. You right when you say that you need Miller or Spiller to be a legit #2 RB. I like Rudolph just fine. Don't care for the CHI DEF though. You should be pretty solid.
              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
              TE: Olsen (NA)
              K: Lutz (7)
              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                Love your QBs for a 14 team league. Obviously love McCoy. You don't have a stud WR but as a group, you're pretty solid. Garcon, Patterson & Crabtree should do fine. As you know, your RB2 is a little iffy. You right when you say that you need Miller or Spiller to be a legit #2 RB. I like Rudolph just fine. Don't care for the CHI DEF though. You should be pretty solid.
                The Chicago defense was an attempt at streaming against the Bills in week 1. I don't plan to own them long, they were the last pick in the draft because I accidentally picked a kicker at the beginning of rd 13, doh! Thanks for the thoughts!
                Last edited by frae; 09-04-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

For a 14 team PPR league, I think you did an outstanding job. Great instincts on not pulling the trigger on a QB when you were tempted. Getting Wilson where you got him is super. Your RBs is a PPR is as good as it gets. I absolutely lover Vereen this year.

Great value with Hunter and Jordan Matthews as well!

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                    8.09 Russel Wilson - I got him as the 15th qb off the board and I am quite happy with that. I would have liked to have waited one more round, but it was down to Wilson and Cutler as guys who I wanted as my weekly starter. I didn't want to risk more people just taking a backup name qb because they don't know anyone else.

How did I do?
                    Yeah, round 8 seems like the way to go to take a QB if you don't get one of the top ones. Wait for round 9 and I'd agree, many will take the backups. Just curious as I'm in a 14 team league, which QBs were taken 13th and 14th if Wilson was 15th and Cutler was still available?

By the way, I love this team you drafted. You managed to get a good starter at both TE and flex (I like Sanders there), a challenge in a 14-team league!

Comment

Here are the qb's...

1.11 Manning
                      2.5 Drew Brees
                      2.8 A Rodgers
                      2.14 Cam Newton (yeah, this one was weird)
                      3.08 M Stafford
                      4.11 A Luck
                      5.5 Griffin
                      5.9 N Foles
                      5.12 M Ryan
                      5.13 T Brady
                      5.14 T Romo
                      7.01 Kaepernick
                      7.03 P Rivers
                      8.08 B Roethlisberger
                      8.09 R Wilson
                      8.13 J Cutler