Robert Mueller investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Mueller investigation

I think this deserves a separate thread. Too much Trump v. Acosta and dumb distractions in the Trump thread.

We are almost at the conclusion of the investigation, and Trump has publicly obstructed justice countless times, including the recent firing of Jeff Sessions and replacement with a Trump loyalist who has called the investigation a hoax and a witch hunt...

The thing is, nobody WANTS to believe that Trump committed serious crimes. The public revelation of such information would damage public trust in the country substantially, and nobody is rooting for that. Trump has been acting guilty, and acting as if he will stop at nothing to stop the investigation. I believe cash deals for political favours could be exposed between the Trump crooks and Russia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and likely others... cash deal for the embassy move... selling visas for 1/2 Mil apiece... He is a lifelong criminal, and I believe an idiot with zero restraint. If the crimes exposed were campaign finance and obstruction of justice, he will skate by no problem. Nobody would care. Trump isn't acting like that, he's acting like stopping Mueller is his first priority as President.

Will post more later. Just wanted to get this started before the shit really hits the fan when Mueller is fired.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

There was never anything to see. If there had been it would have leaked.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

office of mueller doesnt leak. investigation already has been seriously effective already, with almost everyone around trump during election having plead guilty and cooperating to various wrongdoing. new acting ag whitaker will sit on any findings so we will have a bit of quiet, but early january will be the bombshell indictments of well who is left besides trump family.

Comment

Yet those on the right think this has all been a waste of time, despite the indictments. And likely will no matter what charges are forthcoming. Meanwhile, according to some, Benghazi and Clinton's email server, which found nothing illegal, were worthy of our tax dollars.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Yet those on the right think this has all been a waste of time, despite the indictments. And likely will no matter what charges are forthcoming. Meanwhile, according to some, Benghazi and Clinton's email server, which found nothing illegal, were worthy of our tax dollars.
          Don't be silly. The right thinks it's a case of judicial process being weaponized--acquitting the guilty while harassing the innocent. Clinton's email is a central piece of evidence supporting that position.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Tyrion Lannister:
            A trial. If the killer threw himself before the Iron Throne, confessed to his crimes, and gave irrefutable evidence of his guilt, it wouldn't matter to Cersei. She won't rest until my head's on a spike.

hehe

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              Tyrion Lannister:
              A trial. If the killer threw himself before the Iron Throne, confessed to his crimes, and gave irrefutable evidence of his guilt, it wouldn't matter to Cersei. She won't rest until my head's on a spike.

hehe
              Democrats as Cersei Lanister. Good one.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Some updates. Looks like Paul Manafort is likely to spend the rest of his life in prison. His plea deal with Mueller was just revoked due to consistent lying. So he's no longer a witness, he'll deny everything unilaterally, just like Trump, the witch hunt play.

Looks like Jerome Corsi, one of the original birther conspiracy assholes (let's call him the 2nd biggest birther conspiracy asshole), might also go to prison. He just walked away from negotiating a plea for perjury, but that was only the plea, he likely faces more charges. Dude is a supreme scumbag, so it's fun to watch him squirm. His defense that he didn't commit perjury is the standard "I didn't lie, I just forgot what happened". Also claims he had no special knowledge of any communications, he is simply such a brilliant political thinker that he knew Podesta's emails would drop because he's able to "connect the dots"... ooooookaaaaay....

All of this after Trump admitted that he picked the AG specifically because he "knows the inner workings of the Mueller investigation." I wonder what play Trump and Whittaker will try to make before the investigation finishes. I wonder how many mentally compromised Trump cultists believe the lies, even while Manafort faces decades in prison, and Trump's involvement with him is detailed. I wonder how many house Republicans abandon ship.

I also loved seeing Alan Douchebagwitz change his tune... he had been on the "witch hunt" bandwagon since the start, now claims "this will be absolutely politically devastating for the President." Nice.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Per your first sentence, some certainly do, you are correct. I happen to disagree, though will state that the investigation and charges have taken far, far too long to develop.

Edit to add, since I appear to have lost it in my original post: I'll disagree on Benghazi. If I'm reading right, you're saying an investigation into this was unworthy of tax dollars. I'm not sure how you got there, but a terrorist attack that lead to the first US Ambassador killed in over 30 years certainly merits a thorough investigation in my eyes. If your point is that six GOP led investigations were excessive, I'll concede that one. I believe they had all they needed once State finally cooperated the third and fourth time around.
                  Last edited by chancellor; 11-27-2018, 04:34 PM.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Per your first sentence, some certainly do, you are correct. I happen to disagree, though will state that the investigation and charges have taken far, far too long to develop.
                    I'm glad you see this as a real tangible political threat. Douchebagwitz concurs.

As for the timeline, seems like it's been shorter than Benghazi with 100x as much substance.

Comment

As for the timeline, seems like it's been shorter than Benghazi with 100x as much substance. This is most corrupt admin in history, with an investigation that has been leak proof and fast moving with indictments/guilty pleas, and people stating willingness to cooperate against trump raining down in every corner that jump started this mirage of a presidency, otherwise known as the protest vote gone wrong. you would not be overstating by saying immeasurably more substance, a million times more substance even seems shorting this. who has been indicted and found guilty:
                      - George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, plead guilty
                      - Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, likely already serving a life sentence after continually lying while under an agreement to cooperate
                      - Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, plea deal, cooperating
                      - Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pled guilty
                      - Alex van der Zwaan, associate with Gates, pled guilty
                      - Konstantin Kilimnik associate of Gates & Manafort, indicted, tampering w/witnesses, he is based in russia
                      - 12 Russian GRU officers, charged with hacking crimes into DNC, as if this could happen without directive from Putin
                      - Michael Cohen: Trump’s former lawyer, pled guilty to a range of tax and bank charges as well as campaign violations involving payments to trump affairs, and publicly stated willingness to cooperate before new charges drop
                      - Sam Patten: This Republican operative and lobbyist, pled guilty, cooperating

Further indictments wont drop till new year I suspect as acting ag stooge whitaker is simply sitting on anything. Trump stated some 18 months ago he "100 percent" had no issue with speaking before Mueller but has been slow dragging his feet trying to work around, and finally just gave a partial written response to SOME questions but chose not to answer others. Only someone willingly misunderstanding scope of this can call this slow moving. This involves a widespread net with lots to show for investigation in such a short time, despite virtually no cooperation from president. Trump tax returns will come out, all the russia/ukraine ties will be explained by money trails.

Trump is an idiot, or else is doing a masterful job of deliberately speaking at a 4th grade level https://www.newsweek.com/trump-fire-...s-obama-774169 per software analysis, at a rate of lying that is not possible by a high functioning sane person, or else someone pushing an agenda https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1215197002/
                      is trump a simple stooge who has been manipulated by forces he didnt understand, or is he compromised by money, from foreign powers? in any case, this has substance.
                      Last edited by gcstomp; 11-27-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

BTW, the Rex Tillerson appointment to Sec of State, for a bit before getting sacked, this has red flags that will show later, but seems to point to outside forces. how did trump appoint someone he never met, knew nothing about, was Exxon CEO, and Exxons profits quintupled under new billionaire and corporate tax cut. what were the ties between Tillerson and Putin. 2013 Putin awarding Tillerson Russia's Order of Friendship medal, Putin had talks with Exxon about the single most profitable mining operation in history, then gets flagged for sec of state in trump admin despite trump never having heard of the guy?

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                          BTW, the Rex Tillerson appointment to Sec of State, for a bit before getting sacked, this has red flags that will show later, but seems to point to outside forces. how did trump appoint someone he never met, knew nothing about, was Exxon CEO, and Exxons profits quintupled under new billionaire and corporate tax cut. what were the ties between Tillerson and Putin. 2013 Putin awarding Tillerson Russia's Order of Friendship medal, Putin had talks with Exxon about the single most profitable mining operation in history, then gets flagged for sec of state in trump admin despite trump never having heard of the guy?
                          So do you suspect Putin ordered Trump to appoint Tillerson ?
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

No Putin didnt order Trump to do anything, nor did they have direct contact. Putin is a mob boss more than a President, he profits a bit from every company/contract/ new oligarch in his reach, which is russia plus more. This installation of Rex was part of the more, but Trump could honestly say he wasnt ordered by Putin to do anything, because there was no direct contact. Secondaries pushed names on lists until cabinet choices were arranged, with Trump having a kind of choice in a shell game of selections. To the extent you can follow money, you can follow this, investigation is moving, and it is of substance.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                              No Putin didnt order Trump to do anything, nor did they have direct contact. Putin is a mob boss more than a President, he profits a bit from every company/contract/ new oligarch in his reach, which is russia plus more. This installation of Rex was part of the more, but Trump could honestly say he wasnt ordered by Putin to do anything, because there was no direct contact. Secondaries pushed names on lists until cabinet choices were arranged, with Trump having a kind of choice in a shell game of selections. To the extent you can follow money, you can follow this, investigation is moving, and it is of substance.
                              So did Putin also have Tillerson fired ? Did he "install" his replacement as well ?
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X