Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 En Fuego Thread

(how did we not have one of these?)

anyway, the seemingly rotting corpse of Joey Votto is now 13 for his last 22
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Charlie Blackmon with 3 straight 4-hit games to lift his season batting average at Coors Field to .445! If he hadn't missed a 10 game home stand when he was on the IL he might be doing better than his paltry .335 overall ba. BTW, Blackmon is a career .350 hitter at home and a .260 hitter on the road.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ian Desmond is hitting .457 with 3 HRs and 14 RBIs in his last 9 games.

Comment

Bryan Reynolds hitting .364 with a .987 OPS through 165 AB. That’s en fuego.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Charlie Blackmon with 3 straight 4-hit games to lift his season batting average at Coors Field to .445! If he hadn't missed a 10 game home stand when he was on the IL he might be doing better than his paltry .335 overall ba. BTW, Blackmon is a career .350 hitter at home and a .260 hitter on the road.
          Isn't it funny how much fans are stuck to arbitrary end points like the start of the season?

Cody Bellinger was all over every baseball discussion because he started his season so hot. He hit .403/.474/.806 for a 1.280 OPS over his first 36 games with 14 HR. In Blackmon's last 36 games he has hit .385/.434/.807 for a 1.242 OPS with 15 HR. But since he started out cold there's very little Blackmon discussion going on.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Only 3 hits today. Regression is a bitch.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Blackmon broke the all-time record for hits in a four-game series with 15, according to STATS.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Hyun-Jin Ryu. I mean, someone, please put him in perspective for me please. What he is doing this season, can we call it en fuego, or is he just the best? I traded for him early in year, and have been reaping his stellar stats, but have never really thought he was THE Man. But he is the best sp in NL, right? I mean, Max is awesome sauce, with the glam k's, but Ryu is a wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  (how did we not have one of these?)

anyway, the seemingly rotting corpse of Joey Votto is now 13 for his last 22
                  While hot now, I am very down on Joey as even his few dingers are wall scrapers. He is now a slow footed slap hitter.

16 RBI in 235 at bats as astonishing for him.

sorry to be a killjoy.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                    Hyun-Jin Ryu. I mean, someone, please put him in perspective for me please. What he is doing this season, can we call it en fuego, or is he just the best? I traded for him early in year, and have been reaping his stellar stats, but have never really thought he was THE Man. But he is the best sp in NL, right? I mean, Max is awesome sauce, with the glam k's, but Ryu is a wizard.
                    I think this is the healthiest he has ever been in his career. Even with the one missed start in April. That's probably the biggest difference this year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ty has made what 13 starts each the last 2 years, not exactly sure, he’s probably a sell-high candidate till he hits the IL

Comment

Nelson Cruz has 11 HRs in his last 13 games. Not bad for a 39-year old!

EDIT — 12 HRs! And 10 RBIs in his last 2 games. Oh, and 2 3-HR games.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Nelson Cruz has 11 HRs in his last 13 games. Not bad for a 39-year old!

EDIT — 12 HRs! And 10 RBIs in his last 2 games. Oh, and 2 3-HR games.
                          I've always thought he was on something.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                            I've always thought he was on something.
                            Well, he was involved in the Biogenesis scandal and was suspended 50 games for PEDs in 2013.

But he IS currently having his best season ever, at age 39, so.......

Comment

Mike Fiers 13 game consecutive quality start run came to an end last night...he came up 1 out short giving up 1 run in 5 2/3 innings against the Cards. That is one hell of a streak.

Comment

Working...
                              X