Dansby Swanson value for 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dansby Swanson value for 2020?

The first place owner is shopping a 12B Swanson in our NL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave. $260 Budget.

I have been meh on Swanson over the years. He seems to be kind of a late bloomer. If I trade for him I can play him out or give him raises at $5 per year.

Thoughts?

Yeah, meh.

Comment

I think that he's a little better than Meh...he's got a little pop, a little speed, a decent OBP. For 12 bucks you could do worse...think of a younger Brandon Crawford. I wouldn't extend him though.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

As a Braves fan I have to say that I think the Braves have drafted a lot of over hyped players the last few years, especially pitchers. IMO Swanson is overrated as well.

ETA: Swanson wasn't drafted by the Braves and was obtained in a trade, but he was a highly ranked prospect I believe.
        Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 08-14-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
          As a Braves fan I have to say that I think the Braves have drafted a lot of over hyped players the last few years, especially pitchers. IMO Swanson is also one of those players.
          Isn’t Swanson one of the guys they got from aRI for Shelby Miller (also Touki Toussaint)? If so, adamant looks a hell of a lot better than Miller does.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Isn’t Swanson one of the guys they got from aRI for Shelby Miller (also Touki Toussaint)? If so, adamant looks a hell of a lot better than Miller does.
            You're right, he was obtained in a trade, not drafted, but my point still stands about their pitching prospects. Some may pan out, but in general they aren't as good as advertised IMO. I also don't think Swanson is anything special either and he was a highly considered prospect. He could be a decent SS but I don't think he will be an All-Star. It pains me to say that and I definitely hope I'm wrong about Swanson.

I like Soroka, and Fried is doing OK, and we will see about Ian Anderson and Waters when they arrive, but in general I've seen a lot of Atlanta pitching prospects hyped over the years that wasn't as good I thought they should be. Here is hoping Wright is better the next time around. I can't say I like Toussaint all that much and is probably better suited for the bullpen. Gohara has already flamed out.
            Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 08-14-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X